Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guy think about Cabelas and Bass Pro? Which is your favorite? How is the customer service? I shop online but just lo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christos Kambouris
    replied
    I think they are over priced on every thing they sell for fishing and hunting yes they have a nice store lots of things like mounts and fish but to me I seen them already I just want the best price I can get for the items that iam shopping for iam 60 miles away from cables and a 100 miles away from bass pro I can get everything cheper at wackey worm in gilbert pa or tackle warehouse on line big store like that should sell things a lot cheaper just saying

Leave a comment:

• austincl
    replied
    Both are good

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Rahn
    replied
    I have a Bass Pro Shops near me in Michigan and still like Cabela's prices and shopping experience. Cabela's is about 40 miles away from me and I'd rather drive there than the 3 miles to BPS. For online shopping I like Amazon.com

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    If I want to buy something I check out all the catalogs for the best deal on that item. I have found better bargains in Cabelas more often then Bass Pro.

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    My only experience (very good) with Cabelas has been online. There is a local Bass Pro that I like as well. We don't have a nearby Cabelas.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    I go to Gander Mountain. It is 5 mins from my house. But of those two I prefer Cabelas.

Leave a comment:

• DesertWalker
    replied
    I like them both and here in Arizona we have both. I probly favor Bass Pro due to it being in closer proximity. but from the times that I have been out to cabelas I do enjoy the store and the selection

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    They're both equal to their specialties. The only complaint for both is shipping charges are borderline financial rape. There is an option though, Gander mountain offers free shipping on all online orders. I found this out when I went to get something there and they did not have it in store, the sales clerk to me to order it online and I discussed shipping with her and she said shipping is free. So if you find something you need or want look at Gander 1st before spending $25 on shipping for an item that cost $10.

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    They're both equal to their specialties. The only complaint for both is shipping charges are borderline finacial rape. There is an option though, Gander mountain offers free shipping on all online orders. I found this out when I went to get something there and they did not have it in store, the sales clerk to me to order it online and I discussed shipping with her and she said shipping is free. So if you find something you need or want look at Gander 1st before spending $25 on shipping for an item that cost $10.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I've shopped them both and my car has a difficult time passing either without a stop. I have had little need for customer service since everything has always been as expected or better.

Leave a comment:

• small game sportsman
    replied
    I don't have a Cabelas were I live but I have been to the one in Michigan. Personally I prefer Bass Pro.

Leave a comment:

• WVOtter
    replied
    I like Cabela's selection and such better, but I did have bad luck with their customer service once. I bought some shirts as gifts, partially based on a "free gift" offer. After a couple days I got an email saying they were out of stock of the free gift. I called and told them my purchase was based on that offer and they were gifts and the site showed them clearly as still available, and was pretty much told tough luck. Both seem to have very fast, good shipping. Ultimately, you won't go wrong with either, most likely. But shop both, I just had to buy a new spinning reel and they each carry different brands, so needed to check them both out for the best choice for me...not like they both carry the full line of the same brands in everything.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Never been to a Cabelas store, but for hard to find or speciality stuff, they are very good. Their customer service on line or by phone can't be beat. Just a little pricey for most common items.
    Bass Pro gets mixed reviews. One store has excellent sales staff that are very helpful, and another is staffed with bozos and zombies that need a sharp rap in the nuts to remind them who the customer is. Also, a little pricey for everyday stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    I can't really judge both chains since I have only been to one of each, but the Cabelas I went to in Buda TX wasn't nearly as good as the Bass Pro I go to in San Antonio TX.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Phipps
    replied
    I have only been to bass pro a couple of times but cabelas many times, they both seem to be good stores.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad