Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guy think about Cabelas and Bass Pro? Which is your favorite? How is the customer service? I shop online but just lo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guy think about Cabelas and Bass Pro? Which is your favorite? How is the customer service? I shop online but just lo

What do you guy think about Cabelas and Bass Pro? Which is your favorite? How is the customer service? I shop online but just looking to go somewhere, wondering which one i should go to.

From my experience both stores have pretty good customer service. I would go to whatever store is closer but Bass pro is geared more towards fishing and has more fishing stuff while Cabelas is geared more towards hunting.

Comment

I've not yet visited Bass Pro, but there's a Cabela's in Lacey, WA, about 130 miles to the north and another in the Eugene/Springfield, OR, area about 100 miles to the south, and I've filtered a few paychecks through their cash registers.
      While impressed with the spectrum of their inventory, and their use of floorspace in creating a good sales environment. Their sales volume is remarkable, which wears some of their sales staff out, but they've been as helpful as time permits. Most of the prices are easily competed with elsewhere, but having all of it in one location is a remarkable opportunity. I usually generate a shopping list before I go.
      Their used (upscale) guns are well worth the visit for me, especially when I am looking for inspiration in previously owned rifles and shotguns.
      I try to time my shopping trips to midweek forays, since weekends are a madhouse, and I've gotten some great items on sale (e.g., cold weather clothing) but the selection is difficult to beat and they'll order whatever isn't readily available.

Comment

Cabela's store is closer to me and i have always had a good experience shopping there or through the catalog.
        Gander Mountain is also in my area and they to are very good.
        I have not been to a Bass Pro store but their catalog sales have always been good.

Comment

I have only been to bass pro a couple of times but cabelas many times, they both seem to be good stores.

Comment

I can't really judge both chains since I have only been to one of each, but the Cabelas I went to in Buda TX wasn't nearly as good as the Bass Pro I go to in San Antonio TX.

Comment

Never been to a Cabelas store, but for hard to find or speciality stuff, they are very good. Their customer service on line or by phone can't be beat. Just a little pricey for most common items.
              Bass Pro gets mixed reviews. One store has excellent sales staff that are very helpful, and another is staffed with bozos and zombies that need a sharp rap in the nuts to remind them who the customer is. Also, a little pricey for everyday stuff.

Comment

I like Cabela's selection and such better, but I did have bad luck with their customer service once. I bought some shirts as gifts, partially based on a "free gift" offer. After a couple days I got an email saying they were out of stock of the free gift. I called and told them my purchase was based on that offer and they were gifts and the site showed them clearly as still available, and was pretty much told tough luck. Both seem to have very fast, good shipping. Ultimately, you won't go wrong with either, most likely. But shop both, I just had to buy a new spinning reel and they each carry different brands, so needed to check them both out for the best choice for me...not like they both carry the full line of the same brands in everything.

Comment

I don't have a Cabelas were I live but I have been to the one in Michigan. Personally I prefer Bass Pro.

Comment

I've shopped them both and my car has a difficult time passing either without a stop. I have had little need for customer service since everything has always been as expected or better.

Comment

They're both equal to their specialties. The only complaint for both is shipping charges are borderline finacial rape. There is an option though, Gander mountain offers free shipping on all online orders. I found this out when I went to get something there and they did not have it in store, the sales clerk to me to order it online and I discussed shipping with her and she said shipping is free. So if you find something you need or want look at Gander 1st before spending $25 on shipping for an item that cost $10.

Comment

They're both equal to their specialties. The only complaint for both is shipping charges are borderline financial rape. There is an option though, Gander mountain offers free shipping on all online orders. I found this out when I went to get something there and they did not have it in store, the sales clerk to me to order it online and I discussed shipping with her and she said shipping is free. So if you find something you need or want look at Gander 1st before spending $25 on shipping for an item that cost $10.

Comment

I like them both and here in Arizona we have both. I probly favor Bass Pro due to it being in closer proximity. but from the times that I have been out to cabelas I do enjoy the store and the selection

Comment

I go to Gander Mountain. It is 5 mins from my house. But of those two I prefer Cabelas.

Comment

My only experience (very good) with Cabelas has been online. There is a local Bass Pro that I like as well. We don't have a nearby Cabelas.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad