Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whisker biscuit VS. drop away rest what do you like better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both can be very effective ad they now make full capture drop away rests. Wisker Biscuits are great and idiot proof but the draw backs are that they slow the arrow a little, can freeze, and you have to keep your bow arm steadier because there is contact with the shaft until the arrow leaves the bow. While drop aways are faster and there is less shaft contact but they are mechanical. Some bows don't tune well with Biscuits. Good drop downs are trophy taker, apache, rip cord, and QAD. Also if you get a Wisker style rest stick with a Wisker Biscuit, don't do an Octane or other brand as they have more issues and don't last as long. I personally like drop away's and have a trophy taker smackdown pro and love it but I had to find a rest I truly loved before I switched from a Biscuit.

Comment

For shots 25 yards or less, either will suffice. For longer shots, I would recommend a drop away.

Comment

yup steve you got it, a hostage rest, name slipped my mind.

Comment

If you do A lot of shooting a whisker biscuit will mess up the fletching on an arrow unlike a drop away.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad