Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For deer hunting, what type of camo do you where? Where do you get the camo from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For deer hunting, what type of camo do you where? Where do you get the camo from?

For deer hunting, what type of camo do you where? Where do you get the camo from?

You don't really need camo for deer. It may help, but it is not needed. I have gotten very close to plenty of deer just wearing brown carhartt clothing. If you really think you need camo, then about any pattern will work, so you can get it wherever you want.

Comment

Realtree Hardwoods HD. That stuff is real nice, comfortable and really like a tree.

Comment

Realtree AP Scent Lok

Comment

I like and use 3-D Leafy camo head gear and Jacket, great for still hunting and T-Stands, It all come down to wear you hunt, I hunt Fl.Planted Pines and Swamps you want to blend in and not make noise when moving around.

Comment

Whatever I happen to grab out of the closet. Pattern really doesn't matter, you just need to break up your form. So in my opinion, there's no need to go out and buy fancy camo and Scent Lock stuff. Quality clothes may be worth it, but some people go overboard. I usually have a jacket on though and it's usually Mossy Oak's new Break Up camo.

Comment

Mossy Oak Duck Blind or Cabela's Outfitter pattern. Not so much for the camo as for weather protection and comfort.

Comment

my camo for bow hunting is realtree hardwoods HD. when it gets cold i just toss on whatever camo is comfortable for the weather.

only time camo really matters is when im waterfowl and turkey hunting, they can tell the difference.

Comment

Ga hunter how can you go over board with scent control or being concealed?

Comment

Camo is camo is camo is camo.
                    Yes! I wear camo.
                    Pattern? The cheap one that's on sale that's comfortable, fits and is warm. I look for durability. Pattern is the bottom requisite.
                    As for the "Scent-Lok" scam? Sit still and be quiet! It's cheaper and works just as well. If "Scent-Lok" trips your trigger? Go for it!

Comment

My cold weather gear is Cabela's Outfitter camo. The rest is a mix of some kind of Realtree, or Mossy oak patterns

Comment

Realtree AP form Walmart

Comment

Realtree AP form Walmart

Comment

My cold weather camo is Cabelas Outfitter pattern. I like Predator brown for archery though. That said, more deer have been killed by hunters wearing red and black plaid, brown duck, or whatever work clothing they normally wore than anything else.

Whether its deer, turkeys, or waterfowl, it's more important to stay still and to not silhouette yourself. My grandfather hunted into his early nineties and bagged more deer and turkeys than 10 other good hunters would in a lifetime and never wore anything but Woolrich and brown duck. His advice for deer was to sit (always on the ground for him) with your back to a tree or a bank and put a little dead brush in front of you.

Comment

A ghillie suit has been some of my best camo, which hides my neck and shoulders, which seem to alert deer to possible trouble.
                              One of the best patterns through the years for myself was the Mossy Oak,Bottomland Original, in the Polar Tuff.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad