Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite machete?

What is your favorite machete?

I am very satisfied with the Collins machete I acquired many years ago, as it seems to have a very ergonomic handle.
    The one I had before that raised blisters on my hand.

Comment

The Danny Trejo model. But I understand it can't be had outside of Hollywood.

Comment

I highly recommend a cane knife by Imacasa or Tremontina. I've never figured out a reason for a point on a machete, and a cane knife is just the right weight and balance for cutting brush, vines and saplings. I've made believers out of a lot of folks when they try them side by side. A two-handed cane knife is a wonderful tool, too, just don't get one with too thick a blade. Used correctly, a cane knife will out-cut a machete every time, it's just not made for heavy hacking, where you should be using a hatchet or camp axe (or chain saw) anyhow.

Comment

Fiskars is the one I use. My only complaint is it did not come with a sheath but it is very good for the price I paid $20

Comment

The Woodsmans Pal. Proven in South Pacific jungles in WWII.

Comment

I've used military spec machetes for about 40 years and like the British design best that does not have a pointed blade. I absolutely hate the Cold Steel Kukri because it was very uncomfortable for long periods of use in my large hands. In my opinion it's cheap junk. Thanks for the tip Country Road; I'll try a cane knife.
              Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

My vote for the Woodsmans Pal.Vietnam issue.works well in the Florida swamps.

Comment

Having grown up in Papua New Guinea, I honestly believe you can't beat a "5:90" or 2.5 foot bush knife made by Tramontina.
                  (So named a 5:90 because when they first were introduced, they cost 5 kina 90 toia.)

Comment

Tramontina cane knife all day. Cheers.

Comment

I usr a Woodsmans Pal as well. I little expensive, but they are well worth the money. Made with great steel.

Comment

U.S. Army model of 1943 by S.W.I. and the bush knife made by Tramontina. Both have their uses. Have not used the Woodman's Pal, it looks a little bulky.

Comment

crm3006, in which state do you live?

Comment

crm3006, in which state do you live?

Comment

Edward J. Palumbo-
                              Texas.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad