Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who buys guns at Wal-mart because I've noticed that guns are cheaper there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who buys guns at Wal-mart because I've noticed that guns are cheaper there.

Who buys guns at Wal-mart because I've noticed that guns are cheaper there.

I know someone who bought a rifle at Wal-Mart and tried to return it. He was informed that their liberal return policy did not apply to firearms. There is a small sign in the showcase to that effect.
    Once you walk out the door, it's yours, for better or for worse.

Comment

I have seen that before to, life the price of there 870's seem very good/low. I havent bought anything from them before. Its been awhile since i have seen a wal-mart with guns tho.

Comment

i just bought one from there. it was cheaper than anywhere around. and the other guns i priced out were cheaper from there as well. but i guess to go off what 99 said. you miss out on the true customer care compared to a mom and pop shop when you buy from a giant retailer.

Comment

You just can't beat your local Mom/Pop Gun Shop for Friendly Service(were every one know your name)when you walk in. No one can beat W*M Fire Arms prices.Hope you get-ones that works as Per 99E!..Remember You get what you pay for in life! Ask a Hunting,Shooting,Ammo Question in W*M the answer is? let me call some one?....Lol

Comment

The problem with Wal-Mart is if you have a question about the gun, the part time high school worker or the employee behind the counter can't answer your question. I would never buy a gun from Wal-Mart no matter how cheap it is.

Comment

I have an 870 from walmart. Its been a good gun, no frills but it works. If your going to buy from walmart get something simple like an 870. If you know anything about guns you should be able to solve a problem yourself without the help from the store on a gun that simple.

Comment

I have an 870 I purchased at the Wal Mart in Lake Worth, Texas in the 90's. It's been a good one.

On the other hand, if I ever wake up and realize I'm in a Wal Mart, the first think I look for is an EXIT!
                I absolutely, positively REFUSE to spend my hard earned $$$'s at that gyp joint! I'll pay my local parts store $50 for a lawn mower battery before I'll pay $15 for the same battery at Wal Mart!
                I live in MY community, NOT Bentonville, Ark!
                I worked there once. That was enough!

Comment

Like Gary said if your going to buy a gun from Wal-mart you need to know everthing about the gun you are going to buy.

Comment

Their guns are cheap because all they sell are cheap guns. 870's are thr all round weapon everybody has one. If you are looking for a good trap gun or a varmit rifle other than a 22, like treestand said go to a reputable local dealer.

Comment

I've never bought a gun from wal-mart, but I knew a guy who said some wal-marts have red tagged guns not on display for various reasons (can't remember the examples he gave). Anyway, he said if you ask about it, they sometimes have extremely good deals on those guns. Not sure if he was telling the truth, but it's worth a shot. Just remember you'll still be buying from wal-mart!

Comment

Cheap guns huh? Are you referring to the Rem 700 being a cheap gun? A while back there was a rumor that Wal-Mart was selling "inferior" guns compared to those at the gun shop. I called/emailed three different makers and they all said the same thing. A model (insert mod. num. here) is the same at WM as it is at any other gun shop. WM gets a VOLUME discount is all. So go ahead, pay more if you want. I have to watch every dime, and that $35 that you save on the battery, firstbubba, would be almost a week’s worth of gas to get me to and from work. And really, if you have a problem with the gun, aren't you going to use the warranty from the manufacturer? I would think that you would already have done your research BEFORE going to buy a gun, and not rely on a salesman's opinion.

All that being said, I do like the local gun stores. You can get lots of good advice and usually they are friendly people. I'm not knocking them in the least, just saying that not everyone can afford to pay premium prices for the same products. I bought mine there because it was a little over $50 cheaper than ANYWHERE else. That $50 bought several boxes of bullets.

Comment

I buy from the local gun store. I know the Owner...he's a straight shooter and they stand by anything that they sell. Their prices are pretty goo too. I mostly buy used guns so that's another reason I like to buy from someone I know! I have never been in a WalMart before.

Comment

I support the local owned gun store. You can't trade and sell on consignment at a WalMart. I also get a good condition analysis from the gun store and good advice on used gun prices.

Comment

Walmart kills local economies, the few bucks you save there are not worth it. Shop local.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by crm3006
                                From honk the phony- " even though Browning conveniently glues an instruction diagram inside each fore end. Yeah, right.

I'm still waiting
                                Today, 03:11 PM
                              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by derek7
                                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by PigHunter
                                Thanks. Yep, I try to not be too lazy, was last in the gym on Wednesday lifting weights and walking on a treadmill. Another thing, I refuse to pay for...
                                Today, 02:36 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Pighunter, I would hardly say your working life has been sedentary. Probably as many job shifts and almost as much education in maybe the same amount...
                                Today, 02:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X