Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know if a particular color of lenses for eye glasses/shades is beneficial in the deer woods? Thanks for all info/sug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if a particular color of lenses for eye glasses/shades is beneficial in the deer woods? Thanks for all info/sug

Does anyone know if a particular color of lenses for eye glasses/shades is beneficial in the deer woods? Thanks for all info/suggestions.

the color is not so important as the level of light that is blocked, yellows and oranges usually block less light, browns and greys more. I prefer a grey photo-chromatic, which adjusts to the light level.

Comment

Many years ago I had a pair of soft pink tinted prescription lenses and they were the bees knees for hunting in bright snow conditions. Blocked enough of the light to keep me from squinting a lot but didn't affect the colors seen enough to impair my ability to hunt effectively.

Comment

I've used yellow tinted and it seemed to increase contrast. However of course clear is best for tru colors.
        Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Yellow will help in low light conditions, but I can't stand seeing the world as if it just drowned in p!ss.,

Comment

I've been on the ocean for most of my life. From the time I was 11 until I was 25 I squinted. Having never owned sunglasses until last year I was fairly used to not protecting my eyes. I've yet to suffer from my stupidity (as far as my eyes are concerned) and being gifted with VERY good eye sight I realize the need for sun glasses now. I wear a yellow tinted pair of polarized Oakley's most of the time now and man do they help with glare. I'm not sure just what color is best for being in the deer woods, but my only advice is to take whatever means possible to protect your vision. Good luck on your search, and happy hunting in the deer woods.

Comment

Yes, that is good advice. I developed detached retinas at age fifty and am fighting to retain my vision. Retinas take a beating from ultraviolet rays and I'm sure all the ocean fishing (especially at the end of the day!) and tracking in snow without shades hasn't helped me at all. For those of you who are nearsighted you MUST learn the symptoms of retina trouble. It requires immediate action. Every year thousands of people lose their vision because they simply ignore the symptoms or, in the US, they can't afford to see a doctor and have it checked out (not to mention get the surgery done).

Comment

Ontario Honker, bees knees? I haven't heard that sinse I was in short pants, or knee high to a grasshopper.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad