Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought my Mission Bow last year. Does it require a tune up or adjustment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kbschmidt85
    replied
    Mike0714 is correct. If you have a single cam then you won't have to worry about timing, but string condition and bushing travel are your concerns beyond that. Corrosion is an issue on a lot of bows because they inherently venture into the elements so how you treat your bow after it gets rained/snowed on will make a difference on how soon these things take effect. Look closely at areas where metal meets metal:steel will be a normal rust color and aluminum will have a chalky white color the same texture as iron oxide. The bow shop where I purchased my Z7 gives it a free once over whenever I am in there so I try to do it about every six months. Dropping it into the press to check the bushings won't cost them anything and will keep you shooting.

Leave a comment:

• mike0714
    replied
    If you have not had it checked out in 6 months or so bring it in. There will be string stretch and the cams will most likely out of timing. These can impact your shooting. If you need a new string or cable DEL is right go with winner's choice they are pre stretched meaning much less initial stretching, counter spun which means a better quality and use the best materials. Just because a bow is not shooting bad does not mean it is shooting right.

Leave a comment:

• AAM
    replied
    I suggest that you look over the string and cable really well. If you have any areas that look frayed or stressed it should be replaced. And also make sure to wax your string and cable.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Greene
    replied
    It still shoots well, the string looks good no fraying or sign of wear.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Shoot it and it will let you know,my guess it will need some tuning.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Does it still shoot well? Bought my Mathews Z7 couple years ago and no problems to date. If the string is frayed I would suggest a new Winner's choice string and cables.

Leave a comment:

• I bought my Mission Bow last year. Does it require a tune up or adjustment.

I bought my Mission Bow last year. Does it require a tune up or adjustment.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad