Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a big guy, 360lbs, just wondering how I can get me and a buddy, 240lbs, and our gear out onto small ponds and bays in a boa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I agreed with jbird answer!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    jbird, good advice. cAny, now your talkin 700lbs so go for a boat that can hold 1000lb preferably 1200. It's you boys life but I been in that situation, and don't wear your insulated coveralls while in boat. LOL but I was stupid enough to do that once.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I wouldn't hunt out of a canoe if I was you that's a lot of weight and moving around, so unless your a pretty good hand with one as is your buddy then I'd go with a flat bottom. About a 16 foot would be good. That being said you can rig them with out riggers like some of the ocean going island folks use. I'd use metal pipe and at least a 4-6" pvc pipe.

Leave a comment:

• cAnyBux90
    replied
    thanks for the advice, as it turns out, there are some canoes rated to 800 pounds within my price range, Any tips on how to make it more stable???

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    My 17 ft Old Town will handle you but it's not for sale. I think a 14 foot jon boat would do just fine.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    All vessels are weight rated. Get on the internets and start looking for the cheapest vessel that is rated for the amount of weight you are intending to float.

You can probably get a canoe rated to 800lbs for about 500 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• jbird
    replied
    I'd check out used stuff on Craigslist. Lots of deals to be had usually. If you're talkin about putting 600 pounds of guys, plus 50-100 pounds of gear, I wouldn't recommend anything shorter than a 16'. Good luck, and wear your life-jackets!

Leave a comment:

• I am a big guy, 360lbs, just wondering how I can get me and a buddy, 240lbs, and our gear out onto small ponds and bays in a boa

I am a big guy, 360lbs, just wondering how I can get me and a buddy, 240lbs, and our gear out onto small ponds and bays in a boat for as cheap as possible because we are both college students. Anyone know of a cheap jonboat or canoe that holds that much weight???

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad