Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so a local outdoors shop sells rods that people returned because they broke that were under warrantee, and they are with reels a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so a local outdoors shop sells rods that people returned because they broke that were under warrantee, and they are with reels a

so a local outdoors shop sells rods that people returned because they broke that were under warrantee, and they are with reels and half price if not less. so i was wondering when is it to broken to fix, because i was considering buying one even if a foot or two was broken off and putting a new metal tip on it and using it as a scrap rod for messing around. they include the piece that broke off. please let me know what you're thinking.

If I were to buy one it would be to salvage the reel. If a significant amount is broken off it will really effect the rods sensitivity and action. If you want something to mess around with I would get a cheapo-depot rod from walmart or something. Im just guessing but your idea off messing around might be wading the river for catfish? In that case you would definitely want a less expensive rod and reel. Id get an ugly stick rod and a cheap reel because once sand gets in it its ruined.

Comment

yeah i mean it all depends they have some that are broken off around six inches all the way to three feet i was considering buying one like that and using it to fish my buddies pond cause the fish bite no matter what. if i end up buying one and fixing it ill post pictures or something, i appreciate the help.

Comment

I've had more than a few rods where I broke the tip and just trimmed the rod down to the next guide.

Comment

so you think if say three or four guides broke off and i trimmed it it would work?

Comment

I wouldn't but a rod with 3 or 4 guides broken off, unless you want to use it as a stick.
            If the rods are from reputable rod manufacturers you could purchase it and send it to the factory for warranty repair. Most companies have at least a one year warranty and will repair it or replace the broken section. You may also be able to purchase the broken section at a fraction of the cost of a complete new rod.

Comment

well some have like two broken off and some have more, i was thinking about getting one with like two broken off and using it for sunnies and stuff and using the reed on a different rod

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad