Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a new fixed blade knife. I basically want a knife that can stand up to large amounts of abuse. Good edge rete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erikgilbert
    replied
    K bar! The seal pup looks like a close 2nd, but I don't own one. Any buck fixed blade on clearance is another good option

Leave a comment:

• Hobob
    replied
    Buck 119 or KaBar are two of the most solid knives. I found a Buck in the woods once looking brand new after who knows how long out in the elements.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    I am partal to a CASE hunter. But to be 100% honest, a SOG SEAL PUP is the best fixed knife I have ever owned. So far.

Leave a comment:

• seth trudeau
    replied
    Cold Steel is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Bruning
    replied
    Sog not song sorry

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Bruning
    replied
    I'm now looking at the song fixation Bowie and the Aura Seal, along with the jungle primitive. Does anyone have any experience with these knives? The Aura has a built in sharpener which is a draw, but other then that they re pretty similar.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I second the Buck 119 and i also would recommend the Pathfinder.
    Any of Buck knives are great values. My 119 is 1965 vintage and still going strong.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    The suggestions for the Buck Special and the KaBar seem right to me. Those are two tough knives.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I love my Diamondblade. Pricey but it is the last knife I'm ever going to buy.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Mora is a good one, so is the cold steal pendelton hunter line.

Leave a comment:

• upland4
    replied
    Buck 119 special is a great knife very tough and it does not break the bank plus they are made in the USA

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    My uncle had a World War Two Cattaraugus knife with a leather washer handle.
    In between hunting seasons, he used it for digging in his garden and often left it sticking in the ground overnight.
    He would clean it up and sharpen it for deer season.
    I think the company is still making knives.

Leave a comment:

• OutdoorEnvy
    replied
    look at an ESEE 4

Those are seriously tough knives and tough steel, plus a lifetime warranty if it breaks, no matter what you did to it. Plus their made in the USA

Leave a comment:

• FlyinMonkey
    replied
    I still carry my USMC Ka-Bar. They are great!

Leave a comment:

• small game sportsman
    replied
    Also, Harbor Freight has a good knife for $7!. I have it, its a good quality knife.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad