Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High capacity magazines there been a shortage for years. Looks like thay could make mag 1000s a day? What the problem anyone hav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High capacity magazines there been a shortage for years. Looks like thay could make mag 1000s a day? What the problem anyone hav

High capacity magazines there been a shortage for years. Looks like thay could make mag 1000s a day? What the problem anyone have a clue.

Two google searches should get you there.
    Capitalism
    Supply and demand

Comment

It is no secret that many shooters have been hoarding them in anticipation of a new ban on possession of high capacity magazines.
      It is also possible that some manufacturers have reduced their production of them in anticipation of the same ban.

Comment

in case anyone has forgotten there is a war still going on....lots getting sent over there.

Comment

Thank you for answering my question. Yes I do understand supply and demand there is a huge demand which means you raise your prices and higher more people and make more stuff. If there is any hoarding going on I think it may be the manufacturers. If I'm not mistaken if there is a ban on high capacity magazines there will be a grandfather clause. Already manufactured products could be sold until they run out but still make very good profit. As far as the war is concerned that is true but that doesn't account for the Glock magazines. There's only a small number of manufacturers for Glock magazines. There is a huge number of manufacturers for AR rifles.

Magazines are not the only components that are in short supply bullets power primers and it's been this way for some time. I suppose powder and primers would be more difficult to increase but bullets are just a manufactured product three shifts and you have all the bullets you want. I just don't understand.

Comment

Hi...

Some catalog companies still advertise magazines, bullets, etc., available via 'net and/or catalog...The Sportsman's Guide, for example.

Comment

Don't know where you've been but there hasn't been a shortage of High cap mags in my area until just the last months. brownell's sold 3 years worth of them in a couple days. Local store was out but has them now with a 2 mag limit per day per customer on the AR mags. It's harder to get a 5 round mag then 30 round mag. Have a source for 30 round mags at only $25 ea still today. You must be limiting yoursefl to location. Only problem I have is ammo and dies. I welcome the ban personally. My rifle just doubled in value overnight and my 30 round mags trippled. Hey,if you can't get them within the first 2 shots 28 more aren't gonna make a difference anyway

Comment

I just received a sportsman guide catalog it had the 33 round magazine I was looking for. I went online to find them listed but no stock. I haven't looked at local stores I just assumed if the catalog companies are out of stock they would be to. To be honest the A R. magazines I looking for are the new magpul. I have them on back order for several weeks now. Most of the paper targets don't seem to care if I shoot 2 or 28 times and I really hope paper is all I need to shoot. The 33 round Glock magazines are for a new 9 mm carbine I just ordered. I also ordered the 33 round Glock magazines from a different company. They acknowledge my order at this time I still don't know if they have stock or not.

Comment

What shortage? Seen tons of hi-cap mags at the gun show a couple weeks ago. Seen a fair amount at the local Gander Mtn also. I even bought one that was on sale, it was almost 40% off! As long as we keep buying them, the manufacturers will keep making them.

Comment

i dont know. they tripled lately but they gave me 4 free w my AR 2 years ago.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad