Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I believe you get what you pay for, but is a Yeti worth the price? I can buy a lot of ice and several coolers for the price of o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe you get what you pay for, but is a Yeti worth the price? I can buy a lot of ice and several coolers for the price of o

I believe you get what you pay for, but is a Yeti worth the price? I can buy a lot of ice and several coolers for the price of one Yeti. Thoughts or opinions?

You can't buy ice way out in the Yukon either.

You can buy three or four Savage Axis rifles for the price of one Weatherby or Montana Rifle. So which is the bargain?

Comment

They are good coolers without a doubt, but I personally don't think they are worth $300.

Comment

For short term (two or three days) use I can't justify the price of one. I have coolers that cost alot less that keep ice for two or three days and that is all that I need. At hunting camp when it is cold outside my cooler will keep ice for a whole week. I'm sure they are really built fine but I can't justify spending that much on one.

Comment

Coleman coolers are great and are less money.

Comment

For tuna fishing offshore our yeti keeps ice MUCH better than our Colman and the hinges last five times as long in a salt water environment. However we keep the majority or our ice (fish ice) in an Xactic (giant marine cooler). Going to the camp ground with the family hardly seems like it would warrant a 300-500$ cooler though.

Comment

Well it really depends on what you do with your coolers. I think that if you go on a lot of trips and have coolers exposed to the elements and rattling around on a truck/trailer, a Yeti is definitely the way to go. Another good brand is the Grizzly coolers. On the other hand if you do not do activities regularly that require a heavy duty cooler then I do not think that it is worth the money. Ice would add up over time but either way your buying ice so I don't think that factors as much into it even though I think Yeti does a good job of keeping things cold as well.

Comment

Worth it if you win it in a raffle. Otherwise they're over priced.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad