Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My muck boots riped at the toe this fall while climbing over barbed wire. Only the rubber is cut, didn't go through. Any suggest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My muck boots riped at the toe this fall while climbing over barbed wire. Only the rubber is cut, didn't go through. Any suggest

My muck boots riped at the toe this fall while climbing over barbed wire. Only the rubber is cut, didn't go through. Any suggestions on how to patch them up? another pair isn't in the budget

Shoe Goo.

Comment

Aqua seal. Or at least that's what I think it's called. I got some for my waders and they have been dry as a bone since.

Comment

I second the Shoe Goo. In the shoe dept at WalMart for around $5. My dog tore holes and ripped the sole off the bottom of my Lacrosse boots. I put em back together with Shoe Goo and haven't been wet since. I went duck hunting with these boots Saturday. I can look through the clear Shoe Goo and see my toe in one point and it's still dry.

Comment

I have used Aqua Seal for ages. You can buy it at ant dive shop, it is used to patch diving wet suits, but works great on shoes

Comment

Meant to write "any", not ant

Comment

I have used Shoo Goo successfully and my brother is a dive instructor/shop owner. He swears by AquaSeal. Don't leave Shoo Goo tube anyplace where it can get frozen. The stuff changes and becomes more gelatinous. Also, put it in a ziplock bag after opening and resealing the cap. Your wife will appreciate that (very smelly odor lingers for weeks) and it will keep the tube fresher.

Comment

Might also add, if you have worn crepe soles the AquaSeal can be used to extend the life by applying to the worn spots. In an emergency even used it for a temporary bicycle tire fixer upper.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try the shoo goo. I would try the AquaSeal but there isn't a dive shop in northern IN that I know of. Wal-Mart is everywhere.

Comment

Another vote for Aquaseal. I recently retired a pair of waders that were more Aquaseal than they were neoprene. You can find it outside of dive shops. In fact, I didn't even know they carried it. When I lived in Central Illinois, I could find it anywhere that sold waders. You might try your local farm supply store.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad