Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best coffee maker, percolator, for camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megan Thomsson
    replied
    If you are looking for best coffee maker then i will tell you first check this review https://besttacticalreviews.com/best-espresso-machine/ . Here top 5 espresso machine or coffee maker are recommended. I bought first one and perfectly working from more than one year.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I agreed with Del in KS answer!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Jim in Mo,

If that coffee was made with Mz Cuthbert's hose I could drink a gallon.

Leave a comment:

• Noob City Boy
    replied
    Jetboil IS great. You can make about a liter of coffee in 7 minutes, and the press itself weighs 0.8 oz.

But I also agree with Del that the dump-and-boil (aka Turkish) style works well. Jim in Mo basically makes his own teabags, and that sure helps avoid grit and makes clean up easier. (Great minds think alike, eh?) However, I would suggest using muslin or cheesecloth, which you can burn or bury. Also, they are less scary to boil and drink than nylon, and you are less likely to be caught in the awkward position of explaining why you are rummaging through your girlfriend's nylons (besides which, NO ONE will believe you when you tell the truth). You can buy premade 3"x5" muslin bags on eBay, e.g.

Personally, I don't have a Jetboil. So I just use a muslin bag full of coffee in any old pot. That way, when the post-apocalyptic world runs out of Jetboil fuel canisters, I'll still have coffee!

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    Use a Jet boil its great.

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    empty coffee CAN, put grains in bttm, boil water and let grains settle to bttm and pour off top.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Del stole my answer with one exception and this is no joke, but I can think of a few snide remarks to make though I won't, I'll leave that up to you. Use a pot or can to boil the water but before you even leave home take a pair of 'clean' womens nylons and cut they up into pouches large enough to hold enough grounds to make a good pot and tie them off. Don't use a plastic twist tie. Now just throw one into boiling water, good clean coffee. Let the jokes begin.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad