No announcement yet.

WHAT IS THE BEST ALL AROUND TURKEY GUN.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT IS THE BEST ALL AROUND TURKEY GUN.

WHAT IS THE BEST ALL AROUND TURKEY GUN.

What ever you shoot best and are comfortable hunting with. My favorite is an 870 equipped with a deer barrel and adjustable sights. I use an HS Strut Turkey Tube and shoot Federal Flite Control 3" number 5's. I like the pump gun because it will work even full of South Texas grit.

Comment

I like a Mossberg 835 ultra mag, you cant beat the gun, i have carried it everywhere, works every time.

Comment

I've got the 835 too, and love it. I shoot a "duplex" round (2x4s)(handload)but I've heard good things about the "flight control" rounds. I use a "under-taker" choke.

Comment

I shoot the Remington 870 express. It has yet to fail me so I will keep recommending it.

Comment

First of all there is no BEST gun but there are some really good ones as Beekeeper and the others say whatever you can shoot and can hit with. 835s and 870s are great guns.

Comment

A Remington 870 express is just right for me. I think you should use it too

Comment

Boy there's lots to choose from! It's hard to beat the 870. I've used a Winchester SuperX2 for the past 9 years, and it's hell on turkeys too.

Comment

This will probably earn me a lot of flak but I like a Savage 24F12T .223 Remington over a 12 magnum, handloaded 50 grain Winchester soft points over a Federal 2oz load of copper coated 6's. Heavy but versatile and effective. I know, most don't like rifles, but it is legal and yes, ethical. I don't care for inlines but if they're legal in your state and you're doing it ethically, more power to you.

Comment

I prefer a 3.5 inch autoloading shotgun. It gives the most range and you have an instant followup shot(s). Mine is a SBE that has been Parkerized flat green. It is deadly way out there with high-density loads. The choke tube is x-full extended Comp-n-choke. I shot a bird 64 yds with it. He had 4 #6 pellets in his head. I thought he was about 55 yds which is what I consider my limit. Can't argue with bang flop-no bird has walked or flew away after a shot with that gun.

Comment

I use a Benelli SBE 2, great range and with the 5 chokes they give you with the gun you can pattern it to just about any range (well, within limits) to adjust for your particular set up. I like to set mine up for a long range shot, but you better make sure you're right on if they are in close since that pattern is so tight otherwise you'll be taking home a big bag of nothin.

Comment

remington 870 magnum with a hastings choke

Comment

Remington 870 magnum!

Comment

Remington 870 magnum!

Comment

Remington 870 magnum!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad