Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I read about a kind of knife used, in an emergency, as defense against bear attack. The knife had some sort of mechanism that in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read about a kind of knife used, in an emergency, as defense against bear attack. The knife had some sort of mechanism that in

I read about a kind of knife used, in an emergency, as defense against bear attack. The knife had some sort of mechanism that injected CO2 (I think) into the body of the bear. However, when I look for information about this knife, I can't find it on the internet. What name should I search under? What is this kind of knife called? (Perhaps I have misremembered some crucial detail..?) Thank you very much.

Never mind..it's a WASP injection knife. Sorry, no idea why I couldn't find it before...

Comment

I was going to say the only "injection" knife that I ever heard of was one that the "Spetnas(Russian S/F) carried that could "shoot" the blade from the handle with a CO2 cart. don't remember the name of it though.

Comment

Ckeck out this link ...

http://www.waspknife.com/

Comment

To 2Pappa,
          What the F%*# IS THAT ! What on God's green earth would you use that thing for, and the price ? For that, you could get a REAL knife(Bowie) from "COLD STEEL" and really defend yourself. Pretty neat on the watermelon though.

Comment

Lol!

This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly.

The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea.

When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface.

Comment

Again 2poppa, YOU ARE THE MAN !!! Thanks for the complete rundown on such a "wild" item.

Comment

that thing is SWEET! hate to see what it could do to a person

Comment

Wow thats strange! I wonder if it could really work, or if any one has ever used one in a real life defense situation

Comment

An interesting weapon for sure but seems to be more for someone who is very prone to hand-to-hand combat and needing to stay quiet. For bear emergencies, I would prefer at least a .44 Magnum but consider it most important to try to stay out of their way. It might still be better to play dead than to stick them with this weapon. If angry, they can be real tough and they move REALLY FAST.

Comment

2Poppa great answer!

Comment

2Poppa great answer!

Comment

2Poppa great answer!

Comment

2Poppa great answer!

Comment

2Poppa great answer!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad