Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found two nice, small chain saws. I don't know which is better; Stihl MS 180, 31.8cc, 14in. bar, and it's $200 new, a Husqvarn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auburn_hunter
    replied
    I have a Stihl Farmboss that is 5 years old as well and LOVE it. My wife went out and bought it for me one Christmas after I used my father-in-laws Farmboss and came home raving about it. Never had a bit of problem out of it and neither has my father-in-law!

Leave a comment:

• rabbitpolice88
    replied
    Yes, doing carb adjustments on a stihl is much harder than on a Husqvarna and Husqvarnas cut way better than a stihl.

Leave a comment:

• 870 wingmaster 101
    replied
    Has anyone had any problems with a Stihl?

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    The 2.6 extra CCs won't cut any faster. Get the Stihl. I find that you get more power out of the same displacement in Stihl saws. Just like you won't find a faster 3 liter V6 than the ones in BMWs. Germans know what they are doing.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    I have 2 stihls and I had a husky. In my experience, the stihl's are a much better product. I have an 036 stihl from 1978. My dad heated our home entirely with wood cut from this say for 20 years so its seen some serious use. starts on first pull.

bigger definitely isn't better. The bigger the saw is the heavier its going to be. You can always change to a bigger bar on a saw; just because it comes with a 14 inch blade doesn't mean you can't go bigger.

Leave a comment:

• rabbitpolice88
    replied
    Husquvarna all the way, you can't go wrong. with an orange saw.

Leave a comment:

• buddyboy564
    replied
    i think that they are both pretty good chainsaws but when i hold the husqvarna it just does not fell as good as the stihl, my dad has a stihl and it works really well but the husqvarna might be pretty good to so good luck!!!

Leave a comment:

• jfose140
    replied
    Walt is right, you can't really go wrong with the bigger chainsaw, however I dont think you can go wrong with a Stihl. I have a Stihl Farmboss that's over 20 years old and it still runs like a champ. My Husqvarna is only 4 years old and it's given me a handful of problems. It could just be a lemon, but it could also be that Stihl is the best chainsaw you can get.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Smith
    replied
    Husquvarna, and bigger is better, cc's and bar length that is.

Leave a comment:

• I found two nice, small chain saws. I don't know which is better; Stihl MS 180, 31.8cc, 14in. bar, and it's $200 new, a Husqvarn

I found two nice, small chain saws. I don't know which is better; Stihl MS 180, 31.8cc, 14in. bar, and it's $200 new, a Husqvarna 235, 34.4 cc, 16in. bar, and it's also $200. I am wondering if the differene in moter size will matter? Also which is better?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad