Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much does the average deer stand weigh and how much does one cost

how much does the average deer stand weigh and how much does one cost

Kinda depends pm what type you want. Do you want a ladder stand a tripod a climber there are tons of different stands to choose from.

Comment

As GA hunter said there are many different types. The most 'portable' and lightest is the good ol climber stand, the next step up would be a single seater stand, then the double stand. The latter two not being portable. I would recommend a climber for starters for ease of use and mobility 'in hunt'. Just be sure you familiarize yourself with it at home or in the woods before you hunt with it so you are competent in the way it works.

Comment

Also as for price, check Cabelas and Bass Pro's websites to get a ballpark estimate then pick a model and scout around for a good deal, but remember quality is cheaper in the end. And no matter what type of stand you use, ALWAYS USE PROPER SAFETY EQUIPTMENT AND USE CAUTION WHEN FIREARMS ARE INVOLVED, this will also be less costly in the end.

Comment

My Lone Wolf weighs 17lbs and cost $350. My Summit Viper weighs 22lbs(I think) and cost $250.

Comment

Go to Wal*Mart and look at just a ladder stand 9'-3pece with seat and hand rails $79.00 W/42#!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad