Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, what I need are strike anywhere matches. I've already googled it and went to hunting speacialty stores and etc. I heard from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, what I need are strike anywhere matches. I've already googled it and went to hunting speacialty stores and etc. I heard from

Ok, what I need are strike anywhere matches. I've already googled it and went to hunting speacialty stores and etc. I heard from a buddy that they are illegal in some states. Does anyone know where i could buy them? (around toledo, ohio please1!)

http://store.everestgear.com/eqdia101.html hope that helps you out

Comment

Go to eBay search survival/first aid and then go to their store. If you don't want to do that Search eBay, Midway, Natchezss, or Google it. You can find them fairly easily if you'll use the internet.

Comment

I get them at Wal-Mart

Comment

yea i get them at Wal-Mart also. I live in California so they are legal there. (that's a first)

Comment

Being an Ol'Search and Rescue member, I hate strike anywhere matches! Looking for something that really works and I mean really works even after being stored wet for a long long time! Well by’golly get’ya a small jar of good old fashion Vaseline from and a magnesium fire starter stick from your local Wal-Mart. So simple of an operation A caveman can do it. Take a 2x2 inch piece of cloth and saturate it with Vaseline and scrape a little magnesium on it and hit it with the flint side and now you have instant fire 6 to 10 minutes of flame, now compare that with any other lighter and remember you haven’t really used your fire starting resources at all. I still got the same Vaseline jar in my back pack some 11 years ago and still work as good as the day I put it in.

Comment

Wal-mart, Krogers almost any grocery store ...

Comment

Ya gotta look but they're out there. Just not like it used to be.
                I remember as a little kid the strike anywhere was about all we had. I was a firebug kid and I'd get some matches and strike them with my fingernail. That seemed cool until some of that lit sulphur lit up under my fingernail!

Comment

They are really hard to get, because in wisconsin a guy put some strike anywhere match heads in a tennis ball and threw it at a wall. Then KABOOM.

Comment

I also buy them at Wallyworld whenever I need them.

Comment

Yep, Wally World and the Grocery Store...

Comment

Why would strike anywhere matches be illegal when you can buy stuff like 15 minute road flares and jugs of black powder at walmart? Some laws are so dumb.

Comment

I don't think you can buy them in Ohio any more. I can't find them anywhere.

Comment

wal-mart

Comment

Go to e-bay, search under Item number: 330398599898

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad