Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can any one recomend a good climbing treestand for a 300 lb college offensive lineman, currently suffering from shallow pocket s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can any one recomend a good climbing treestand for a 300 lb college offensive lineman, currently suffering from shallow pocket s

can any one recomend a good climbing treestand for a 300 lb college offensive lineman, currently suffering from shallow pocket syndrome?

No, but I have to give you credit for one of the most creatively worded questions I have yet to see on this site.

Comment

its that vanderbilt education coming through... who am i kidding- i just play ball haha

Comment

The Summit Goliath SS with the Viper top, has a 350-lb weight limit capacity, that makes it the perfect climber for the thick hunter, and allows extra room to stretch in.

It comes with a lot of extras if your willing to dig a little deeper!
        Check 'em out and wait for 'em to go on sale!

I've got the Viper and I love it!

Comment

slothman,
          You should really consider staying on the ground. Most climbing treestands have a weight limit of 250-300lbs. And those are some good ones, $300. Your pushing the limits at your size.
          This is a stand more for you.

http://home.windstream.net/tomf42344/

Comment

2Poppa,
            You're very diplomatic how you referred to slothman as a 'thick hunter'. LOL

Comment

that was one of the most clever written comments i have ever read. dude, you're awesome

Comment

hahaha well thick as i may be, i might be a little more athletic than you give me credit for. I Have always still hunted or built my own stands/ ground blinds but that was in texas. I am just trying to get up and out of the way now that i have to hunt public lands here in TN. Thanks for the advice Guys!!!!

Comment

BTW Jim in MO - i like the way you think, but even i cant carry that into the woods without making a little bit of noise!

Comment

I'm a big old unathletic guy at 265 and I have a Summit Goliath. Love the thing too. You might get one on Ebay for less money. What we both need is a case of the missmeal colic to lose a few lbs.

Comment

I'm afraid thats not an option for me at the moment Del. Got to keep up the playing wieght or get run over by some SEC D lineman. I'll start looking at ebay for deals.

Comment

A strap on double wide ladder stand may work better for da' lineman types.

Comment

Slothman, cant say I've ever seen a 300lb.'er in a tree before. I'm 200lb. and think I stick out like a sore thumb. Where are you gonna hunt in Tenn.? I'm sure somebody on this site could help you find a good spot.

Comment

I havent found a good spot yet- i've looked at a fiew MLA's but i didnt see anything i really liked... and im not really shure how factors like hunting preshure and others affect deer on public land

Comment

Slothman,

I'm one of those guys with a few miles and a few extra pounds too! As Del said, try the Summit Goliath. I've hunted from one for 8 years now. It is a terriffic stand and very comfortable. You would really have to work hard to fall out of one. It also has a weight limit that will allow you to hoist your frame and not violate the warranty!

Keep up the good work in Nashville, ya'll have certainly gotten the SEC's attention the past few years! Including my alma mata in Athens...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad