• Show
Clear All

• whats your favorite knife?

whats your favorite knife?

i like my gerber knife

Comment

I've got a schrade skinning knife that is a great all around knife

Comment

i use a the gerber gater grip kinife with a gut hook it is an all aroun unbeatable knife.

Comment

Anything that is sharp, when it comes down to it a sharp knife is a sharp knife.

Comment

I own a lot of knifes but i like the gerbers. I have one from the military on a spring with a Japanese cut style instead of the drop point style. It's great for gutting fish and game. I keep all of my knifes sharp. I also use a sheepshead cut knife for skinning contrary to a skinning knife. My skinning usually consists of pulling off the hide with my hands so i use the extremely sharp point on it to ease only tough places. I also have a Ka-bar fighting knife which is great for heavy duty stuff.

Comment

I like gerber knifes for almost anything. Winchester makes a good knife but gerbers just fell right in your hand.

Comment

Puma white hunter

Comment

Ka- bars but anything that is sharp will work.

Comment

the old buck 110 folder

Comment

I would say the alaskan blade trader. Three interchangable blades. Easy to sharpen and sharp out of the box.

Comment

Victrinox Swiss Army pocket knife. I carry and use it all the time.

Comment

A buck zipper. I have had it for more than 10 years. The first moring I used it I gutted and skinned 4 wildhogs. It was still sharp afterward! My hunting companion ever since.

Comment

Any Buck knife

Comment

A Queen Cutlery D2 bird knife is always with me. Gerber's Gator S30V B&C is my current favorite hunting blade, but I pine for a Dozier, with his D2 blade and cocobolo scales. Fixed blades are so much easier to clean than folders. I love zippers but never another one on my blade - still looking for a thin, lightweight, high quality SS gut hook. Gerber seems to offer the best value. Their shears are also excellent.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
                                by PigHunter
                                Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
                                Today, 06:44 PM
                              • How do you fly ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
                                Today, 06:35 PM
                              • Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                                08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
                                Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X