Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a first time Bow Hunter and will hopefully be getting my First bow this year. What are some suggestions for breaking in a n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I agreed with MLH answer!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Start slow and have patience with yourself. Learn proper shooting form and technique. Practice the right things so that you develop good repeatable habits. That way, when that buck, doe or turkey comes within range the shot will be almost automatic.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    http://www.3dshoots.com/ This website has a locater for all 3d shoots nationwide. It is great fun and the best form of practice. My daughter and I go to them all summer. Check it out just click on "Find Shoots" at the top.
    Chuckles is right about equipment and pro-shops. I use Maxima hunter arrows and they are awesome. They cost more but I don't lose or break as many as with my old arrows (Easton Axis). In the end that makes them less expensive. Using a practice target that has multiple bullseyes and shooting only 1 arrow at each bull will save you some money also.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Make sure your bow is properly tuned before you start practicing.

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    First, buy good arrows, rest, sight, etc! I spent more on that stuff than the bow itself and have never regretted it. Crappy equipment yields poor results especially in archery. You can expect to pay upwards of $100.00 for a dozen arrows. They are worth it! Try not to cry when the first one gets lost or broken. It will make it much easier to take when the second and third disappear.
    Second, have it set up correctly by a reputable archery shop so you can be pretty confident that equipment issues are not causing you to shoot poorly.
    Third, do not try to shoot to0 much draw weight to start. You have plenty of time before hunting season. Have it set to a weight that you can draw relatively easily so you can learn good form before starting to crank it up.
    Fourth, practice, practice, practice. Do not forget to practice outdoors, in low light, in the wind and from elevated platforms or your stand if possible.
    Enjoy! It is so much fun and most everyone you meet at archery ranges or shops will be friendly and willing to help. You will encounter a lot of different opinions! Try lots of different techniques and use what works for you.

Leave a comment:

• 870 wingmaster 101
    replied
    When I started shooting I had a bad pattern of about 5in. After about a month I had to stop shooting as much, I was spliting nocks and hitting fletching. So just stick with it, get to the range, and hit the woods!

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    Lots of practice! Once you get comfortable shooting, put yourself in different hypathetical hunting situations and shoot from different angles and distances.

Leave a comment:

• I'm a first time Bow Hunter and will hopefully be getting my First bow this year. What are some suggestions for breaking in a n

I'm a first time Bow Hunter and will hopefully be getting my First bow this year. What are some suggestions for breaking in a new bow shooting wise.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Voter Fraud
    by crm3006
    em·pir·i·cal
    adjective 1. based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic.
    Very astute,
    Today, 06:58 PM
  • Voter Fraud
    by bowhunter75richard
    For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
    11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
  • Reply to Is ammo shortage affecting your hunting season?
    by jhjimbo
    I tried some FMJ reloads and they work fine - $18.00 per 50. The guy is a small manufacturer - about 3,000 rds per week, has dedicated loaders for popular...
    Today, 06:56 PM
  • Is ammo shortage affecting your hunting season?
    by FirstBubba
    Lot's of us here on F&S are reloaders, so ammo availability isn't a HUGE factor in our ability to enjoy our sport.
    But not everybody reloads....
    11-15-2020, 10:44 AM
  • Reply to Voter Fraud
    by Pmacc60
    First 99 it’s not all over the country , it was the swings states, second it was choice areas in the swing states , third states like Texas did not...
    Today, 06:52 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X