Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SPINNERBAITS! ALL THE SKIRTS WERE STUCK TOGETHER WHEN I TOOK MY BOX OUT OF STORAGE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SPINNERBAITS! ALL THE SKIRTS WERE STUCK TOGETHER WHEN I TOOK MY BOX OUT OF STORAGE!!!

HELP! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SPINNERBAITS! ALL THE SKIRTS WERE STUCK TOGETHER WHEN I TOOK MY BOX OUT OF STORAGE!!!

Where were they?

Comment

Heat has a tendency to do things like that to the skirts of a spinnerbait.

Comment

streack is more than likely right, it does sound like the heat melted them.

Comment

im with these guys if they get to hot or get in the sun for to long they will do that iv had that problem before.

Comment

Cut the skirts, go to Walley World or Bass Pro and buy some more, there's no saving them if they are toast.

Comment

CPT BRAD is correct. I keep my spinner baits in a big pouch with individual zippered sections to help keep this from happening.

Comment

Saw some yesterday at the bait store for 45 cents each. not a total loss and you can get some in your favorite colors. I like chartruess and white/red. Probably doesn't help with catching fish but I use them a lot!

Good luck

Comment

sounds like they just got to hot and melted together and there is a possibility of the skirts dry-rotting as well

Comment

Agree w/ above answers. It's tedious, but unless you wanna' trash em and buy new, you gotta re-skirt em. I have heard of using those tiny zip-ties unstead of the little rubber bands to hold the skirting on, this saves you from doing this again when the rubber band loses it's elasticity. Wherever your storage is, it apparently get's too hot.

Comment

ITS DRY ROTTING! well they werent in heat, but thanks for the answers

Comment

Buy new one!

Comment

Buy new one!

Comment

Buy new one!

Comment

Buy new one!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad