Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone give me some ideas on a pair of good binoculars that aren't too expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone give me some ideas on a pair of good binoculars that aren't too expensive?

Can anyone give me some ideas on a pair of good binoculars that aren't too expensive?

Burris usally makes great binoculars and they will last but they also arent that expensive.

Comment

Bushnell Trophy, Excusion and Legends can be found on ebay for 50-200. I just watched a pr of Legends go for 60 a few days ago, great glass with the raincoat. Nikon and Leupold will cost a little more but are great binoculars. Swift is a good brand, one of the best pair of binoculars I've owned where Swifts that I paid 20 for at a garage sale.

Comment

Take a look at sports man's guide

www.sportsmansguide.com

Comment

Nikons are great, and I have heard good things about vortex and believe they have some cheaper models.

Comment

Bushnell is about the best that is reasonably priced, I have an old Bosch & Lomb Navy surplus that someone gave me as a kid ( almost 70 Now) That is superior to most that are made today. (JMNSVHO) Except Zeiss Or Leica.

Comment

Sorry misspelled!

http://www.amazon.com/Bausch-Lomb-Custom-Compact-Binocular/dp/B00005AXHY

This is a very good one, BUSHNELL has bought the Bausch & Lomb plant I was not aware of that.

Comment

Nikon's top end binoculars are pretty good as are top of the line Bushnell'. All of their mid-priced and entry level binoculars are junk. I am not aware of any binocular worht taking home with an MSRP under $300 or so. "Good" and "cheap" are mutually exclusive in the optics world. I would find the best binoculars that suit your purpose in a proce range above what you have budgeted and then shop like crazy until you find them at a discount. In this economy, everything goes on sale!

Comment

It all depends on what you consider to be "too expensive". I have found the Alpen binocular brand to be of very decent quality. I purchased a pair a few years ago at Walmart for around forty bucks. They are obviously not the best binocular optics on the planet and are certainly not the worst. I think Alpen would be a good start for you.

Comment

look at the Leupold rogue I just picked up a pair for under 300.00 bucks very good clarity and they come with a lifetime warenty

Comment

Check out Cabelas' binoculars. Good features without the brand name mark-up.

Comment

The vortex are a wonderful set of binoculars they mamimize everything so clear and the fine tune adjustments are easy to adjust. I have the 10X42's and they wont break the bank. I found mine on DNR land and didn't have to buy them.

Lucky Find,huh.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad