Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a professional athlete who loves to hunt and fish, but have a hard time finding gear large enough to fit me. Mainly boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a professional athlete who loves to hunt and fish, but have a hard time finding gear large enough to fit me. Mainly boots

I am a professional athlete who loves to hunt and fish, but have a hard time finding gear large enough to fit me. Mainly boots and pants? I wear size 16 and am 6'9" tall. Where can I find some big man gear?

This website might be helpful.

http://www.bigcamo.com/

By the way are you a basketball player because your beastly sounding :P.

Comment

I actually think I know who you are!

By the way here is another site that might help if the one above doesn't.

http://www.thebigsportsman.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

Comment

Yeah I would try T's 2nd suggestion, I'm guessing you do play basketball by your name, maybe even went to KU

Comment

Sound like me 65ibs ago! LMOA!!

The biggest complaint I have going to Bass Pro Shop is they have every size and shape you’re looking for and too much stuff! They’ll have it!!!!

Comment

www.BigCammo.com is a grat site for big guys. "Fridge" Perry is one of its investors. Their service is great.

Comment

You could try Cabelas.com. they have alot to choose from.

Comment

If you have a place locally, go to a custom fit shop. Here we have Whites and Nicks boots, they will custom fit and make your boots to your feet. Also find a decent tailor who will custom make your clothing for you. My wife started a bag-making business but we never got into backpacks, hunting gear bags or things of that nature and there are companies out there who will make them to YOUR specifications. Yes they do cost more but you get what you pay for.

Comment

Try and find a custom made store. Here in Eastern WA we have Whites and Nicks for boots. Find a decent tailor, pick out your materials and get your stuff custom made so it works for you. There are companies that will custom fit and make backpacks, gear bags, etc. to your specs. Some of them all you have to do is send them your measurements and they will build to suit you.

A "sastre" is tailor in Spanish and "cazando" is hunting. There are several places to hunt in Spain and you can hunt Red Deer, Ibex, check out this site for more info. http://www.gourmetfly.com/Jose.htm I have no affiliatioon with it, I just did a google search and found it.

Take care and God bless,
                  Jamie

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I found bigcamo.com to be helpful for camo though big boots are still almost impossible to find. Not enough room to pack my all my hunting gear to bring to Spain but have been doing so fishing here. Hoping to make it back state side in time for spring turkey season. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Comment

What sport do you play?

Nate

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/c42zxj

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                          by FirstBubba
                          jimbo don't like me. LOL! 😉! I caught him and called his hand....
                          Today, 07:26 PM
                        • Rest Easy
                          by jhjimbo
                          Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                          Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                        • Reply to More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                          by FirstBubba
                          Talk about caught twixt a rock and a hard spot!
                          Never did like Graham. He just looks cheesy to me.

Did appreciate what Graham did for...
                          Today, 07:18 PM
                        • More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                          by crm3006
                          Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                          Today, 05:22 PM
                        • Reply to Rest Easy
                          by jhjimbo
                          I have blocked several that do not post anything worth reading, off topic wrong information, or pivoting on a thread.
                          The site is much more enjoyable...
                          Today, 07:02 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X