Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, what is the best electronic predator call? I'm looking at buying one to start hunting coyotes. Or do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion, what is the best electronic predator call? I'm looking at buying one to start hunting coyotes. Or do you think

In your opinion, what is the best electronic predator call? I'm looking at buying one to start hunting coyotes. Or do you think mouth and hand calls are better value for money?

IMO, Foxpro is the best.

Comment

I prefer to call them myself. I bet I could get more in by using a foxpro but it is almost like using a handtied fly or reloads. The feeling of calling in a wiley C yourself is pretty cool and it is less crap to carry if you need to change calling locations. When hunting coyotes you will change calling locations a few times

Comment

This brand I have been using for 37 years and I'm on my 3rd unit.

This unit I have works fantastic!

Johnny Stewart PM-4 Wireless Preymasterâ„¢

http://johnnystewart.com/Updateable/update_display.cfm?pageID=87&categoryID=15

Comment

I have the Phantom digital remote caller. It works great but I call in just as many yotes with a hand held rabbit squealer.

Comment

anything that sounds like an easy meal for em.

Comment

The electronic calls above are great but calling coyotes is easier than any other type of game calling. You can blow a hand call for five seconds and wait. They will come to it if they are within 2 miles. Just blow an injured rabbit call like you are getting your leg ripped off and don't over call. 5 seconds every 20 minutes is plenty. They lock in on your location instantly when they hear the scream. You don't have to keep blowing for them to find you. The nice thing about an electronic call is that you can place it at a remote location because they often spot the hand caller before the caller spots them.

Comment

I have used several electronic varmint calls in my day, but I must say that FoxPro, especially the Fury is the one I like best. They seem to have the best design, are made very well, and with great sound quality.

http://www.bestforhunting.com/?page_id=425

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How long have you been "hunting"?
                  by PigHunter
                  Since 1967 if we count going with my Dad. It was 1973 when I first hunted alone.
                  Today, 10:16 PM
                • How long have you been "hunting"?
                  by FirstBubba
                  I can vividly remember when dad first took me hunting.
                  We stayed in a surplus military wall tent heated by a propane bathroom heater.
                  The...
                  Today, 09:10 PM
                • Reply to Impeach?
                  by 99explorer
                  Someone posted earlier on this forum that many (unnamed) legal scholars were of the opinion that there has not been any evidence of presidential wrongdoing...
                  Today, 10:13 PM
                • Reply to Impeach?
                  by bowhunter75richard
                  Law professors have their own opinions just like anyone else, as do judges. If that is not thought to be a point of fact, then just look at the split...
                  Today, 10:01 PM
                • Reply to How long have you been "hunting"?
                  by FirstBubba
                  Now, how long have you been hunting?
                  If you don't want to reveal your age, we will all just guess.
                  I'll guess 63 years....
                  Today, 09:40 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X