Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of you live near a Fleet Farm? What are your thoughts on that fine establishment? I used to live 5 minutes away from one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of you live near a Fleet Farm? What are your thoughts on that fine establishment? I used to live 5 minutes away from one

Do any of you live near a Fleet Farm? What are your thoughts on that fine establishment? I used to live 5 minutes away from one when I live in Minnesota, but we moved to NC about 5 years ago. Of all the things I miss about Minnesota (other than the excellent fishing) I think I miss Fleet Farm the most. It was kind of like an old time general store where you could literally get everything at one store. Our usual fleet farm run entailed a car wash, some bags of rock salt, and my dad going and spending too much money at the hunting and fishing section and getting yelled at by my mom. Their sporting goods were always very reasonably priced and my dad always got carried away to the tune of $50. Their selection of hunting and fishing (especially ice fishing) was unmatched and the prices were far cheaper than Cabela's or anywhere else.

Never heard of them, must be a local thing.

Comment

The Mans Mall, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North and South Dakota, and maybe one in the U.P. I worked in the sporting goods section when I was in high school. It was one of the coolest jobs ever, I got to play with all the new hunting and fishing stuff. When I left I kept one of my orange work shirts, it hangs in my closet to this day.

Comment

Where in NC do you live. I'm in SC and we've got a place about 30-45 minutes south of Charlotte called Nichol's Store. It is a convenience store that started selling guns. I bought my second deer rifle there about 13 years ago. At that time they only had 8-10 guns and some fishing supplies. Now they still have the convenience store but have added on a huge sporting goods section with an archery range, lots of long and hand guns and lots of hunting supplies and clothing.

Comment

I live in minnesota and am about 15 minutes away from one, i know some peolpe who work there and they love it... its also my favorite store!

Comment

I'm from Nebraska, but I go on vacation near St Cloud, Minnesota and there is a Fleet Farm there, Its probably my favorite store and Ive spent tons of money in there fishing section.

Comment

got to love that store

Comment

Sharkfin,

I'm in mooresville, about 20 miles north of charlotte.

Comment

We have a Farm & Fleet in town but I like the Fleet/Farm about 29 mile away it does have a really good sportng good dept. I like the one in Winona MN, you know hat I'm talking about.

Comment

I love that store!

Comment

I love that store!

Comment

I love that store!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad