Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you wear camo? Anytime you're hunting? Never? Only for certain species or types of hunting? I generally only wear it for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    It depends on how you are hunting!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Best camo pattern ever? You, sitting dead still, wearing whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Deer, turkey, squirrel, or predator hunting.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Generally Turkey and archery I'll get full camo’d out and for coyotes and other than archery a BDU field jacket does just fine with blue jeans

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    I wear camo anytime I hunt, but outside of hunting I think that wearing camo brands you as a moronic, under-educated, sister loving hick.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I never wear camo outside of hunting. I agree with above and say camo is over rated for deer hunting. Turkey on the other hand, you need a good camo pattern.

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    For the most part I only where it when going for predators, turkeys, and deer. I have worn a brown duct coat predator calling in grass and had just as good of luck because it blends in better.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    I wear camo most of the time when hunting whitetail and turkey. Though just plain old subdued clothes should work just fine for deer. Arrowed a buck last year while I was wearing brown pants and a green sweatshirt (no time to shower and change after work). I think deer are more tuned in to movement and scent than most colors. I try to wear black when in my ground blind.

I haven't tried to hunt Turkey in anything but modern camo. Friends were successful in woodland camo back in the early '80s. Pictures of old time turkey hunters don't show them in camo. I guess they just didn't know that they needed it.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad