Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you wear camo? Anytime you're hunting? Never? Only for certain species or types of hunting? I generally only wear it for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you wear camo? Anytime you're hunting? Never? Only for certain species or types of hunting? I generally only wear it for

When do you wear camo? Anytime you're hunting? Never? Only for certain species or types of hunting? I generally only wear it for Turkeys, Coyotes, or bowhunting anything, but I have some camo items that just make sense to wear, whether I want the camo or not. I'll wear camo for waterfowl hunting, but that's pretty sparse for me. I wanna know what y'all think about when you should wear it and when you don't need it.

I think it depends on how you're hunting. If you're in a treestand 15 ft. or more, I don't think you necessarily NEED to wear camo. If you're on the ground, you DEFINITELY need to wear your camo. I just like to get every advantage I can to keep deer from seeing me. I don't wear it for small game like squirrels and rabbits, though.

Comment

I wear it all the time. ACUs mostly but seriously I wear my long sleeve cammo shirts in the fall just because, I don't have to be hunting. When I am hunting though usually a moss green pair of carhartts, a real tree LS shirt and a hat. thats about the extent of it for me. Bow hunting or turkey hunting (or when the misquitos are out) I'll wear gloves and a head net.

Comment

I wear camo every day like it's going out of style. So, hunting is just a chance to wear more. Why would you want to turn this wonderful opportunity down?

Comment

I wear camo for turkeys and when hunting predators, These two species are the only things that have decent eyesight. I see no need with deer since they have poor eyesight. I know people that have shot deer with bows and were wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. That's why I see no need for camo when hunting most herbivores

Comment

I wear camo most of the time when hunting whitetail and turkey. Though just plain old subdued clothes should work just fine for deer. Arrowed a buck last year while I was wearing brown pants and a green sweatshirt (no time to shower and change after work). I think deer are more tuned in to movement and scent than most colors. I try to wear black when in my ground blind.

I haven't tried to hunt Turkey in anything but modern camo. Friends were successful in woodland camo back in the early '80s. Pictures of old time turkey hunters don't show them in camo. I guess they just didn't know that they needed it.

Comment

For the most part I only where it when going for predators, turkeys, and deer. I have worn a brown duct coat predator calling in grass and had just as good of luck because it blends in better.

Comment

I never wear camo outside of hunting. I agree with above and say camo is over rated for deer hunting. Turkey on the other hand, you need a good camo pattern.

Comment

I wear camo anytime I hunt, but outside of hunting I think that wearing camo brands you as a moronic, under-educated, sister loving hick.

Comment

Generally Turkey and archery I'll get full camo’d out and for coyotes and other than archery a BDU field jacket does just fine with blue jeans

Comment

Deer, turkey, squirrel, or predator hunting.

Comment

Best camo pattern ever? You, sitting dead still, wearing whatever.

Comment

It depends on how you are hunting!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                My Father and I built a 50'X50' pole barn to store his boat and a couple of friends boats over the winter. Just simple construction, we used 16 used...
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by Amflyer
                                Aaaaaaaand...there goes Derek.
                                Today, 04:04 PM
                              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by derek7
                                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by 99explorer
                                Trump is so desperate to screw up the election that he is willing and able to damage the U.S. Postal Service by withholding necessary funding.
                                He
                                Today, 03:59 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X