Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I looking to get some camo. I wanna get something good I can use for turkeys, as well as big game. The 'camo-systems' they have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I looking to get some camo. I wanna get something good I can use for turkeys, as well as big game. The 'camo-systems' they have

I looking to get some camo. I wanna get something good I can use for turkeys, as well as big game. The 'camo-systems' they have out now look kinda nice, i.e. Sitka, Browning Transitions... have heard some horror stories about Sitka though. What do you guys recommend??

You can get a 3d camo suit with face mask from the big retailers for about 100-150 bucks. The brand of camo isn't really all that important but those suits really work. Mine is Mossy Oak. I've had a hen Turkey nearly walk over my leg before and had a deer at 5 feet unaware that I was there last fall.

Comment

i really like Realtree AP and APG.

Comment

My favorite is Swiss military Alpenflage. It is a great pattern that matches my woods most seasons and Swiss Kit is always quality made stuff quite cheap as surplus. All those commercial patterns just seem too pretty to me for the woods. I also like alpenflage for paintball warfare...gets the job done!

Comment

I prefer the Real Tree All Purpose Pattern. Del is correct, buy your stuff od the rack, it is just as effective and will save you a load of money.

Comment

Don't buy the Sitka Gear! It's too expensive. You'll look like a poser and you'll be broke too! I would say any store brand, Cabela's, Redhead, or Mossy Oak and Realtree will do.

Comment

Mossy Oak!

Comment

Sitka is great stuff, mountaineering quality but very $$$. If you do you research and find something that will work for more than one situation that is the best. I try to find clothes that will work for deer, duck, elk, etc. Saves you money.

Comment

Mossy Oak!

Comment

Mossy Oak!

Comment

Mossy Oak!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad