Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am in the market for a new rangefinder for bow hunting and I was wondering peoples thoughts on the best one out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in the market for a new rangefinder for bow hunting and I was wondering peoples thoughts on the best one out there?

I am in the market for a new rangefinder for bow hunting and I was wondering peoples thoughts on the best one out there?

I love the Cabela's VLR II, for the $$$ it was the best quality and price range for ARC Range finders. It's also pretty descent for low light conditions. Cabela's also has a great customer service policy. When the price dropped over the holidays they gave me the difference. Item:UJ-713032

Comment

I have a Bushnell range finder that mounts on my bow. It adds a little more mass and weight but I find it’s worth it when you want to remain still at full draw and still range your buck.

If you’re looking for a mount on range finder

Contact Guy Scudder at 479-474-5254
      or drop by and see him at

240 Cloverleaf Plaza
      Van Buren, AR 72956

Comment

Mossy Point Outfitters
        (479) 474-5254
        240 Cloverleaf Plaza,
        Van Buren, AR 72956

Comment

I have a Bushnell pro scout range finder without arc because it is legal to use in for many of the golf tournaments that I play in. However, if I were looking for one for just hunting. I would purchase one that has the arc and is good in low light situations. Mine can be difficult to read in the first and last 15 minutes of legal shooting light.

Comment

I have an old Bushnell that still works fine and a new Leupold. Both are fine but cousin Rick swears the Nikon is the best combination of quality and value.

Comment

I have a Nikon Monarch 800. Although it doesn't have the built in angle compensation, it will serve double duty in rifle and bowhunting situations. I don't find myself in extreme uphill/downhill shooting situations anyway. The feature that I like best is that it is extremely simple to use. Although I am a "techno geek" who loves to own all the new gadgets, I also want something that's very user friendly in situations that require quick action. Also, it's hard to beat Nikon's optics. Oh yeah, it works well for golf as well. The Monarch does it for me all around.

Comment

Nikon is the way to go.

Comment

I've had a few and am happiest with the Leupold RX-III that I use now.

Comment

nikon is the best!

Comment

I like nikon!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad