Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does any other state out there, besides Michigan, have separate shotgun and rifle zones? In lower MI we have a divider line whic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any other state out there, besides Michigan, have separate shotgun and rifle zones? In lower MI we have a divider line whic

Does any other state out there, besides Michigan, have separate shotgun and rifle zones? In lower MI we have a divider line which determines what we have to use for a gun during our deer season.

Pennsylvania has seperate rifle and shotgun-only zones. Proximity to Urban or suburban areas or Flat terrain dictate. In the big woods and mountains rifles are allowed. Here in NJ its shotgun only

Comment

Virginia is different in each county. In some counties rifle's are allowed, others shotgun with slugs, while others shotguns with buckshot are only permitted.

Comment

we have a short range weapon zone in the part of Idaho I live in, which does'nt make sense because you can go out there and sight in a centerfire rifle but you cant hunt with one. I was almost shot last year while bowhunting by some nimrod shootin beer cans in the pakinglot.

Comment

Northeast Arkansas Delta is flat and open and the use of centerfire rifle is prohibited for obvious reason.

Comment

What I scratch my head about in Michigan is that with a culling permit you can use a rifle even in the shotgun only zone.

Comment

New York has a separate zones, but are now modifying them some to include rifle in what used to be shotgun only.

Comment

I Ohio it is all shootgun.

Comment

Wisconsin has half and half

Comment

Agreed with MB915 answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad