Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm done with cheap glass! Looking to get a good pair of 10x42s. Didn't like Zeiss, checked out the Nikon EDG (online not in per

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done with cheap glass! Looking to get a good pair of 10x42s. Didn't like Zeiss, checked out the Nikon EDG (online not in per

I'm done with cheap glass! Looking to get a good pair of 10x42s. Didn't like Zeiss, checked out the Nikon EDG (online not in person) but $1800 for Jap lenses?!, can't find a negative review on the Swarovski EL, no thorough reviews yet for the new Leupold Gold Ring.... HELP!

Definitely look through them before buying. Some of the birder sites have reviews. I like the Gold Ring HDs even if they are a bit heavy - Cabela's has a great price on them right now. Someone mentioned Vortex on a previous post - supposed to be good glass for the money. Like Leupold, Vortex is an American company, though I am not sure where the optics are actually made. Steiner Predators have color filtering that help make game stand out against the background, which is what we want.

Comment

Leupold or Steiner

Comment

steinder always get grudges from people i've talked to, i heard 1/3 leaks. Go with something safe, CABELAS EURO!!! its pretty much a cheaper Swavorski El, i know its was designed by their company for cabelas...

Comment

I like my Sightron binoculars they are just as crisp and clear as the other two mentioned here but at half the price. Mine are Sightron S III 8X42 RM Check them out you won't be sorry.

Comment

I also have Sightron 3X9 scopes on both of my 30-06's. They're a younger company that uses very high quality glass.

Comment

I have used friend's ELs and can say nothing but good things about them. I have Leupolds and Bruntons which have provided excellent service and performance for years. I do wonder if the HD is worth the extra bucks when I buy a new Leupold Golden Ring spotting scope. The cost matters since I don't work for AIG.

Comment

for you information, "Jap" lenses are pretty darn good!!!

Comment

TO rjbedrock: Never said they weren't good. In the past, the whole reason to buy Japanese _____, was to get a good product at a good price.

Comment

I love the Gold Ring HD!

Comment

I love the Gold Ring HD!

Comment

I love the Gold Ring HD!

Comment

I love the Gold Ring HD!

Comment

I love the Gold Ring HD!

Comment

I love the Gold Ring HD!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad