Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is some of the best skinning knifes that i can use to skin animals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is some of the best skinning knifes that i can use to skin animals.

What is some of the best skinning knifes that i can use to skin animals.

To help you decide a little more on what fits you-
    http://www.huntingblades.com/chhukn.html

Whatever brand you like, you can buy from Bass Pro or Cabela's or if you get really lucky, you can find a decent one at a pawn shop. But that's if you get really lucky.

Here's a review on the Rhino Folding Lockback-http://hunting.about.com/od/huntprodrev/gr/rhinoknife.htm

And lastly, sportsmansguide knives-
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/Browse.aspx?c=7&s=240

Comment

I've got a Schrade I've had for about 10 yrs now and still love it. It works great on deer and is small enough to use for coyotes. Depending on what size game your skinning I like to use a roofing blade in a utility knife for coons and other small game.

Comment

Any of these knives will do the trick...and cheap!

http://www.fntpost.com/Categories/Fur+Handling/Pelting/Knives/

Comment

I agree wth kvlazer22. Any of the knives on the web link will do the job. If however you have a bit more $ to spend on a higher quality knife check the following link.

http://www.dunnknives.com/index.htm

I have owned a Dunn knife since 2002 and they are the cat's meow.

Comment

schrade or buck

Comment

Another thing you might think of is what type of blade you want. Stainless of Carbon? The stainless blade is more weather proof, meaning it wont rust like the carbon knives. But if you want a blade that can get really a sharp look at the carbon ones. I personally use a alaskan blade trader.

Comment

I owned a Wyoming Skinner that had a T handle on it and a gut hook that worked pretty good. It had a really short blade that you could get around a deer pretty quick. The key to keeping a knife sharp is to stay out of the hair as much as possible. I've seen guys skinning deer and by the time it got to quartering and working the meat they had to switch knives because they dulled the first on so bad on the belly cut.

Comment

I love my Gerber's. I have used some Buck's and a Schrade or two with satisfactory results, but still remain partial to Gerber.

Comment

I like my BUCK Zipper as well as my BUCK Omni Hunter. I also have a variety of other blades for skinning but those two rank as my favorite.

Comment

i got a buck knife at walmart that works real good and easy to sharpen!

Comment

I've got a buck 110 I've had for 20 years now, I really like it, haven't come across many that are better. One that I have used and is better, but more expensive is o 3.5 inch Boker arbolito. Holds and edge like nobodies business and feels/handles really well.

Comment

I always thought my Buck 110 was fine and dandy, I used it for everything, but skinning. for skinning i use my little folding schrade, try differnt knives, you'll find one you like

Comment

Buck Paklite

Comment

Buck Knives 104 Compadre Camp Knife!
                              http://www.cabelas.com/product/Buck-Knivesreg-104-Compadre-Camp-Knife/1979478.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog% 2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26f sch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dbuck%2Bkniv es%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WT.srch%3D1%26WT.tsrc%3DPPC%2 6rid%3D20%26WT.mc_id%3DGOOGLE%7Ccam_Knives%2BTools _Buck%7CUSA%26WT.z_mc_id1%3D43700005646316268%26gc lid%3DCPGuuYLNjcUCFXQV7Aod6DQAdQ%26gclsrc%3Daw.ds& Ntt=buck+knives

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Snapshot
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Outfitter advised that I take $2,000 US with me to Africa and pay the rest with my VISA. Turns out I didn't need more than $700 cash (could have got...
                                Today, 08:26 PM
                              • Snapshot
                                by jhjimbo
                                What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                                I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                                Yesterday, 04:28 PM
                              • Reply to Give them all they need ...
                                by 99explorer
                                Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
                                When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
                                Today, 07:29 PM
                              • Give them all they need ...
                                by jhjimbo
                                I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
                                10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
                              • Reply to Snapshot
                                by FirstBubba
                                Don't know that I've ever had enough cash to be overly concerned about a "money belt"! LOL!
                                I've never carried over about $1500.
                                Today, 07:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X