Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to increase my draw weight on my bow from 63# to 67#. I have been limited at 63# because the local bowshop technician sai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to increase my draw weight on my bow from 63# to 67#. I have been limited at 63# because the local bowshop technician sai

I want to increase my draw weight on my bow from 63# to 67#. I have been limited at 63# because the local bowshop technician said I would have to get new arrows. The reason for the increase is I'm hoping to draw a bear permit this fall and figure a sturdier carbon arrow would be better for bear and elk (if I ever win the MI elk lottery). What's your opinions.

The extra 4 pounds will help you. I cranked my bow an extra 8 pounds, sure it was harder to pull but acros the crony I didn't gain any addition feet per second to matter!

Comment

Sorry I moosed'd up, the extra 4 pounds will not help you.

Comment

I would use the carbons, they're sturdier than wood or aluminum.

Comment

The extra 4 pounds will help you. I cranked my bow an extra 8 pounds, sure it was harder to pull but acros the crony I didn't gain any addition feet per second to matter!

Comment

I would say for a bear, you are fine at 63#. Four pounds won't make much of a difference. 63# is enough pull to take down almost any game animal. These days, bows are so advanced, that you dont need as much pulling power as you used to need. Definately use carbon arrows(if you arent already) if you are going to be hunting bear or elk.

Comment

What's the max draw weight on your bow? When you get the carbon arrows buy some extra ones for practice and some to shoot in the field. The carbons are going to shoot a little different and you're using a heavier draw weight so you will have to do a fair amount of practice shooting to get everything wired.

Comment

The draw weight won't matter that much after 55-60 pounds. Clay I would report this guy for copying your post. Good luck on the bear, I think I shot my first black bear at 55 pounds.

Comment

Oh yeah if you up you draw weight you will have to change you carbon arrows. You have to match everything your broadheads, your arrows and your IBO.

Comment

4 pounds will make absolutley no difference

mabey 10 feet per second faster

make a good shot with reliable broadheads

i would use muzzys

accuracy beats power any day

the famous hunter selous hunted and killed elephant with a 6.5 mm caliber

accuracy counts more

Comment

The draw weight won't matter that much any way!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad