Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

think to when you first started hunting and you got your first gun. what kinda gun did you get and how old were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think to when you first started hunting and you got your first gun. what kinda gun did you get and how old were you?

think to when you first started hunting and you got your first gun. what kinda gun did you get and how old were you?

I was 12 when my dad first gave me my own gun to use to hunt with. It was a mossberg bantum 500 youth 20gauge shotgun. It was a nice gun!!

Comment

I was 9. new england .243, shot a deer the first day

Comment

raccoon off the clothes line with a 22 rifle deal was make the shot keep them gun. i made the shot.

Comment

I had .22 Lr when I was 8 years old!!!

Comment

Winchester single shot 20 GA. My mom bought it for me when I started hunting. I was about 13-14 years old.

Comment

H&R single shot .410. Six years old. Squirrel killin' little gun, only shot 2½" shells.

Comment

I was around 10 or so, it was a Winchester 121Y .22 LR single shot, and it's still at home, I'm just not sure whether I still own it or my daughter has appropriated it.

Comment

I was around 10 or so, it was a Winchester 121Y .22 LR single shot, and it's still at home, I'm just not sure whether I still own it or my daughter has appropriated it.

Comment

I got a .410 single shot when I was ten. I don't remember the brand. I quickly graduated to a 20 ga. side by side.

Comment

It was a Stevens bolt action .410. My dad gave it to my sorry cousin while I was away at college. Broke my heart. The sorry little so and so sold it about 6 months after my Dad gave it to him...

Comment

Stevens 94 .410 which I soon traded for a 12 gauge model with a 30 inch barrel. Still have it 49 years later. My DU^%!#$ brother let it rust in a closet while I was gone in the Army. I am going to refinish it and hang it on the wall up high enough that you can't see the rust pits! After I refinish it, I think I will give it a coat of polyurethane all over to keep it from rusting again.

Comment

my first gun was a h&r single shot 20ga

Comment

My very very first was a pop gun. The next deadly one was a bb gun to kill birds and pop cans. The next was a .22 to kill birds and more pop cans. The next was a 410 to kill clay pigeons the next a 12 gauge for clay pigeons and dove hunting the next was a 6mm Rem for deer, a 308 for elk and deer.

Comment

bb gun at ten,win. 190 .22lr at sixteen,i started late,cause my ma hoped i wouldnt take to it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad