Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best 12 guage steel shot shells for duck and goose hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best 12 guage steel shot shells for duck and goose hunting?

What are the best 12 guage steel shot shells for duck and goose hunting?

Black Cloud shells are great, but I choose not to buy them because of their cost. They can drop a bird fast, leaving you with fewer cripples. However, I am on a budget, and opt for 2 3/4" winchester shells from walmart. They come in 2 shot steel, and cost me about $7 a box of 25. They work very well.

Comment

if your on a buget for about 12 bucks you can get federl otherwise hevi shot or blackcloud

Comment

Kent cartridge all the way 3 1/2 inch #4 for ducks and 3 1/2 inch #2 for geese

Comment

I personally like the dry locks I use 3in 2's on ducks in the timber and lots of other places. For geese I go with BB's. I've been buying some Kent shells lately and have not had a problem with them. I don't shoot a 3 1/2 in so I stick with the 2'. For teal I go with 4's.

Comment

i like hevi shot in #4

Comment

I use Black Cloud for pass shooting and Winchester Supremes over decoys on geese.

Comment

I have used the Win. Supremes with an extra full choke for geese. They seem to do the job.

Comment

I like Kent Faststeel

Comment

kent fasteel

Comment

I really only hunt ducks. I shoot Kent Fasteel 3 inch 1 - 1/8oz. #2's in a couple of my guns and Winchester Xperts 3 inch 1 - 1/8oz. #2's in another. Some guns seem to pattern certain brands and loads better than others. I'd buy a several different types with a buddy so you can each patter them in your guns and see what works best.

Comment

personally i recomend black cloud shells for canadian goose hunting although they are expensive they can bring a goose down a hell of alot faster then any other bullet i have used.i also recomened that u get 3 1/2 inch BBB shot shells this will leave fewer cripples i usually take about 5 boxes out with me when they are flying over all day.

Comment

I agreed with Beekeeper answer!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad