Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i was thinking about geting a ghillie suit for hunting. any tips on witch one to buy. i am on a low budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was thinking about geting a ghillie suit for hunting. any tips on witch one to buy. i am on a low budget

i was thinking about geting a ghillie suit for hunting. any tips on witch one to buy. i am on a low budget

depends on how low a budget your on? you can order online from Ranger Joe's www.rangerjoes.com they have 2 options for you one is the complte suit they call it there ghillie flage suit its going to run you (per my catalog) 149.95 plus S&H or they have their bus rag ghillie suit kit where they give you the materials and instructions and you make it yourself 64.95 plus S&H. you might try a surplus store as well i think cabelas might also offer them

Comment

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_79131_475002000_475000000_475002000_475-2-0
      This is at bass pro shops and is around 80 dollars. Hope this helps

Comment

From what I remember, they are a challenge to keep clean and odorless. Maybe the new ones are better.

Comment

i picked one up at the army navy store for under 70 bucks

Comment

look on sportsmans guide.com i know they have a few for under $100. ive also made them before and it can be completely customized to what season im hunting in.

Comment

you can make one from that camo netting pretty easy if ur really hurting on cash about 20 bucks for a sheet i think

Comment

willkillsdeer you are correct depending on the size you want its about 20-30 bucks (new) probably get it cheaper at a surplus store.

Comment

somthing i have found that works is to get a bunch of different colors of yarn( brown, tan, green, black,ect.) and not it on to some netting and sew on the netting in a bunch of places

Comment

I bought a kit to make one out of jute thread. I have a picture of it on here under my name. Pretty inexpensive.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad