Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

During opening day stocked trout, what do you use mid day, when fishing drops off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zackm
    replied
    Try fishing deep with orange dough powerbait. The trout may be sticking to the bottom, and the orange dough resembles what they were fed in the hatchery. Also, try fishing different spots; the trout may be exploring their new habitat and may be moving around.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Home Made Bait for Sure!!!

Leave a comment:

• markpangler@aol.com
    replied
    They must be good if you wrote the same comment twice.. LOL

Leave a comment:

• prairieghost
    replied
    nothing beats those small brown, fuzzy yarn pellets that resemble purena trout chow.

Leave a comment:

• prairieghost
    replied
    nothing beats those small brown, fuzzy yarn pellets that resemble purena trout chow.

Leave a comment:

• Charley
    replied
    Tasmanian Devils are hard to beat for mid- day action. My favorite time to fish for stocked trout is mid- day with the tasmanian devil, they chase it right into the shore line.

Leave a comment:

• Milhouse24
    replied
    home made dowbait

Leave a comment:

• markpangler@aol.com
    replied
    I try a subtle yet vibrating approch. Try a small panther martin spiner in yellow body red dots with gold blade or black body yellow dots gold blade if clear water and sunny skies try a silver blade on the same spinner. You also can't beat a mister twister in white with a black jighead. When casting with these lures I'll cast in the same spot for at least 5 minutes befor changing my casting spot. Good luck and happy fishing (catch and release is the only way).

Leave a comment:

• jlfreeborn
    replied
    Most people on the stream I fish use panther martins or rooster tails, and I am one of them. After every fish has seen that though, I like to switch to a little rapala or other small jerkbait. This usually coaxes a few more bites, and if that doesn't work, I usually try a little ball of powerbait in the deeper pools.

Leave a comment:

• koeka
    replied
    large meal worm on size 24 hook!

Leave a comment:

• tourneyking734
    replied
    I like to fish a tiny daredevle or castmaster in the deep holes

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    That's a good question. Mid-day is slow. The best I've done is finding a shaddy spot not in heavy current.

Leave a comment:

• jamesti
    replied
    i've always used eggs on a baitholder on bottom and had good luck for stocked trout.

Leave a comment:

• During opening day stocked trout, what do you use mid day, when fishing drops off?

During opening day stocked trout, what do you use mid day, when fishing drops off?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad