Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double tapered or weight forward??

Double tapered or weight forward??

Both have their time and place...I like using WF lines in windy conditions as they really improve casting distance and accuracy...

Comment

WF, a lot easier to manage

Comment

For brook trout on a small mountain stream it's dt. If I'm pushing a big ugly fly through the air then its' wf. If I have a larger river covered with trees where I have to roll cast then it's dt. If it's windy then it's wf.

If it's a small mountian stream covered with trees and windy and I'm casting a big ugly fly then I go home.

Comment

Weight foward for bass (I don't really fish for trout in the winters.)

Comment

DT is the way to go round here, we use weighted nymphs alot,

Comment

King is right, I agree with him.

Comment

Since the wind can blow at any time in Wyoming or Montana I almost exclusively use WF, often with big nymphs or flies plus a tiny weight.

Comment

Depends. I can't shoot a DT more than 30 ft in my 7 ft 4wt, so switched to WF. But I use DT for everything else up through 5wt. 6Wt and up are all WF.

Comment

depends all on weather conditions, if its windy (which is very frustrating) WF, otherwise i usually like DT

Comment

DT for calm waters, WF for windy or long casts.

Comment

Have always been a WF guy, but really considering DT for the "end swap" bonus.

Comment

Agreed with buckhunter answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad