Grandson lands big rainbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandson lands big rainbow

My oldest grandson landed his biggest trout yesterday in Tennessee . His dad sent me the picture with no details other than it is a big rainbow and he needs lessons in handling fish better ! I will see him this weekend so I will have more details. Click image for larger version

Name:	42CC6887-9FCD-4779-9157-621052930D0C.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	470.9 KB
ID:	800359 He also needs to work on his pose , he looks a little deranged ,!😂

Nice catch.

Comment

In the moment excitement right there, nothing wrong with that. He’ll figure out the rest soon enough.

Thanks for sharing Pmacc!

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
        My oldest grandson landed his biggest trout yesterday in Tennessee . His dad sent me the picture with no details other than it is a big rainbow and he needs lessons in handling fish better ! I will see him this weekend so I will have more details. Click image for larger version

Name:	42CC6887-9FCD-4779-9157-621052930D0C.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	470.9 KB
ID:	800359 He also needs to work on his pose , he looks a little deranged ,!😂
        The joys and excitement of youthful success!

I can still recall (most of!) the details of my first "monster bass"!
        A real whopper that tipped our home bathroom scales at a whopping 3 pounds after a 2 hour ride home in the trunk of granddad's '58 Chevy!
        As far as I was concerned, it was Mobey Dick! LOL!

Comment

At that age, with a rainbow like that, I'd look a little excited, too.

Comment

BTW; Near as I can tell it looks like he was using a pink Rooster Tail or similar…..

Comment

Great catch! He looks excited and happy and that is a nice fish. I still remember my first big fish (3 or 4 pounds). Unfortunately it was a carp, not a nice rainbow like your grandson's. I was so excited I ran about a mile from the creek back to my grandmother's house to show her the big fish. May he have many more and may his doorknobs smell like fish.

Comment

Nice fish! I get a little deranged myself when it comes to big trout.

My first really good one, age 9, I caught in the crick about a half-mile downstream from the house. 14-inch brown. Just holding my rod and that fish, leaving my worm-can and tackle box on the crick bank, I ran all the way back up to the house, laughing all the way. The crick being one that ran through a heifer pasture, it was pure luck that I didn't step in any cow patties. Or maybe I did and never noticed.

Just the first of many for your Grandson, I bet! Hope you have a nice visit this weekend.

Comment

Nice fish!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad