Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heres a question, what time are you up and out the door for the first day of trout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres a question, what time are you up and out the door for the first day of trout?

Heres a question, what time are you up and out the door for the first day of trout?

Why do you go before the butt crack of dawn?

To get past the Ol’Lady!

Comment

Last year we were out before 3 in the morning, we figured there was going to be a rush at the stream we were fishing and there was.

Comment

I'm on the water,sitting on a rock waiting for first light.We can fish here 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes after sunset. My cabin on the river is 10 minutes away, so I get up at 4:30 and leave the cabin at 5:35.

Comment

1 p.m if i get up early

Comment

early

Comment

Get up pretty early not just to fish though. I meet a group of guys in the same spot for opening day every year. We go for breakfast and then wait for our wives to bring our young children.

Comment

You can fish at 8 a.m. here opening day. Honestly, the idea of getting up at 2 to beat 1,000 guys to the river has lost it's appeal over the years.

Opening day is so routine for me. If I take the time to get to a hole before everyone else, I'll have my 6 fish by 8:10 while everybody on either side of me winces in disgust because they got beat there. The most fun part is leaving and watching them rush the hole to bat clean up.

I go out on opening day because it's tradition, but all that stress of beating guys etc. for a couple stockers is not worth it. I've learned that by stock week 2, there's 1/4 of the guys out there. Much more fun then.

Comment

4.45 am to get ready, watch a river runs through it..haha, and be at the stream at 6.50

Comment

im usually on the stream by 6 cuz codys lazy ass dont get there till later so i gotta get the spot we ve had for the last 18 yrs b4 anybody else gets on the stream

Comment

Isn't the earlier the better? How early is too early?

Comment

I get up at 3:30 AM and I'm out the House by 4:00 AM!!!

Comment

As early as possible.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Voter Fraud
                            by bowhunter75richard
                            Jimbo, marshal law would be a huge mistake, only bad things can happen from then on ! If you want a revolution in this country, marshal law would be...
                            Today, 08:01 PM
                          • Voter Fraud
                            by bowhunter75richard
                            For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
                            11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
                          • Reply to Voter Fraud
                            by rock rat
                            Brad Raffensperger, Georgia’s secretary of state, who supervises its elections. He refused to cry foul and fraud just because others in his party couldn’t...
                            Today, 07:54 PM
                          • Reply to Hello, hope you're all doing okay.
                            by rock rat
                            So far canceled due to fire danger per the NFS, but looking to at least put a cow in the freezer during the long private land season. I haven't been out...
                            Today, 07:49 PM
                          • Hello, hope you're all doing okay.
                            by MattM37
                            Hey, Fellas. Just wanted to say that it's good to be talking with you guys again. I hope you and yours have been well. How's the fall hunting...
                            Today, 05:36 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X