Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heres a question, what time are you up and out the door for the first day of trout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zackm
    replied
    As early as possible.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I get up at 3:30 AM and I'm out the House by 4:00 AM!!!

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    Isn't the earlier the better? How early is too early?

Leave a comment:

• Milhouse24
    replied
    im usually on the stream by 6 cuz codys lazy ass dont get there till later so i gotta get the spot we ve had for the last 18 yrs b4 anybody else gets on the stream

Leave a comment:

• codymeyer11
    replied
    4.45 am to get ready, watch a river runs through it..haha, and be at the stream at 6.50

Leave a comment:

• Joe_Cermele
    replied
    You can fish at 8 a.m. here opening day. Honestly, the idea of getting up at 2 to beat 1,000 guys to the river has lost it's appeal over the years.

Opening day is so routine for me. If I take the time to get to a hole before everyone else, I'll have my 6 fish by 8:10 while everybody on either side of me winces in disgust because they got beat there. The most fun part is leaving and watching them rush the hole to bat clean up.

I go out on opening day because it's tradition, but all that stress of beating guys etc. for a couple stockers is not worth it. I've learned that by stock week 2, there's 1/4 of the guys out there. Much more fun then.

Leave a comment:

• gossy42
    replied
    Get up pretty early not just to fish though. I meet a group of guys in the same spot for opening day every year. We go for breakfast and then wait for our wives to bring our young children.

Leave a comment:

• peter
    replied
    early

Leave a comment:

• Mathews347
    replied
    1 p.m if i get up early

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    I'm on the water,sitting on a rock waiting for first light.We can fish here 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes after sunset. My cabin on the river is 10 minutes away, so I get up at 4:30 and leave the cabin at 5:35.

Leave a comment:

• usmcturkey
    replied
    Last year we were out before 3 in the morning, we figured there was going to be a rush at the stream we were fishing and there was.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Why do you go before the butt crack of dawn?

To get past the Ol’Lady!

Leave a comment:

• Heres a question, what time are you up and out the door for the first day of trout?

Heres a question, what time are you up and out the door for the first day of trout?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Spam here is insane...
    by FirstBubba
    Guess I mis'splained Ernie.
    A "moderator" should remove "spam" readily, but not be heavy handed when censoring posts....
    Today, 07:45 PM
  • The Spam here is insane...
    by Ernie
    With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
    I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers...
    10-16-2020, 01:51 PM
  • Reply to Badnews on the stimulus checks.
    by fitch270
    Seriously. Our household income wasn’t affected at all, only thing we stimulated was the kid’s college fund.
    Today, 07:37 PM
  • Badnews on the stimulus checks.
    by 99explorer
    Democrats this week took the biggest step in months toward reaching a stimulus compromise, but the proposed deal lacks another round of $1,200 direct...
    Today, 05:37 PM
  • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
    by 99explorer
    The White House Coronavirus Task Force is warning Americans who celebrated Thanksgiving with other people outside their household should assume they are...
    Today, 07:18 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X