Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I caught a 19 1/2 inck brown trout today and was going to fillet it but i heard it is better to bake a fish that size. what is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sasquatchcat
    replied
    We take whole fish split down the middle with skin still attached.Lay on aluminum foil, add butter and spice of choice, bake at 350 until fish is flaking with a fork. About 20-30 minutes, depending on size.

Leave a comment:

• MichiganM
    replied
    I love grilling browns whole. I line the grill with foil and put a pad of butter an some onions in the cavity of the fish. Salt, pepper and yumm.

Leave a comment:

• jestr1
    replied
    I prefer fillets cooked with some butter and garlic or grilled with some lemon and dill!

Leave a comment:

• fractured100
    replied
    slothman has the right idea. simple seasoning and butter in aluminum foil in the fire's embers.

Leave a comment:

• beaverlog
    replied
    I always fillet my fish no matter how I cook it.If I bake it,especially over a fire I wrap it loosly in aluminum foil,but fold the edges together to hold in the juices.You can use butter,italian salad dressing,add whatever seasonings you like and place it in the oven or over hot coals(not flame),and when the foil expands(inflates)it's done.

Leave a comment:

• cAnyBux90
    replied
    My favorite way to prepare a brown trout of any size is to remove the hook, and gently release it back in to the water to fight another day

Leave a comment:

• JOHN ANDERSON
    replied
    green bird,we usally turn the fish upside down, fill fish with butter ,onions.season with a little,season salt,lemmon pepper.skewer the belly with a couple of wood k-bob sticks to keep the cavity open,so you can ladle melted butter back in.1+to you.

Leave a comment:

• jordjohn44
    replied
    Gut it, cut off the head and tail and add what you like to it. I add butter, lemon, garlic, onion, and other veggies. lay the fish spread open in a baking pan and cook. The bones will fall right off when it is done. You don't have to worry too much about undercooking it since trout are one of the fish that can actually be eaten raw.

Leave a comment:

• spencerkusa
    replied
    My favorite way to prepare a trout, or any fish really, is to fillet, bread, and bake. Put some lemon juice on it and its ready to eat.

Leave a comment:

• green bird29
    replied
    get a big cake pan and heat the oven to 350 or 400 take the trout and gut it take a stick of butter and leaks and put in side fish and lay him down on the cut so his stomic is holding butter and leaks. bake untill the skin on his back cracks right down the spine and then put lime or lemon never teyrd cajun but it sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• slothman
    replied
    My favorite way to eat trout is to grill it whole (that is when good camfire embers are unavailable) with simple ingrediants like salt butter and lemon. I also use cajun seasoning mixes occasionally for some extra spice.

Leave a comment:

• I caught a 19 1/2 inck brown trout today and was going to fillet it but i heard it is better to bake a fish that size. what is

I caught a 19 1/2 inck brown trout today and was going to fillet it but i heard it is better to bake a fish that size. what is a good way to prepare and bake it? is it a better method?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad