Blue trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue trout

Anyone ever catch one of these very rare fish in the wild. Never new that a rainbow or brown can just change colors. What a mutation.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A8C3C5E1-B88E-4312-A099-0F860E7446AD.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	720060Click image for larger version

Name:	08A8BF4C-D5A6-4EA2-847B-56F5E004F789.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	720061

Never caught one, nor even heard of blue trout. I have seen yellow rainbow trout in captivity. The only atypical fish I've ever actually caught in the wild was a tiger trout, which was very pretty.

I have heard the phrase "blue trout," but in reference to the French cooking method. You soak the whole fish in vinegar, then gut it and poach it in vegetable broth.

Comment

We get tigers stocked here so I’ve hooked into a good bit of them. The past couple of years they are stocking more and more golden rainbows so I managed to hook up to at least 2 of them.
      For the blue it’s a hormone deficiency from a thyroid mutation is what they say. It so rare if the hatchery gets one if goes in a fish aquarium for show. They do not reproduce and can die very easily so if they get one they baby it.

Comment

Incredible looking fish. Great post

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to China Virus
          by Danbo
          Very good article Pighunter ! It’s hard for governments to coverup something like that today when most people have smart phones. See pics out of China...
          Today, 12:29 PM
        • China Virus
          by jhjimbo
          Person in Seattle died. Student in Texas under observation. There would be no flu if there was not air travel. Virus hops a plane and can be anywhere...
          Yesterday, 06:15 AM
        • Reply to China Virus
          by PigHunter
          But, there were trains and ships travelling the world. Here's an interesting article on the 1918 flu:
          https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ea...
          Today, 11:30 AM
        • Reply to Memorial
          by Ontario Honker Hunter
          Sigh! You lucky guys. I am looking at snow in the back yard that is up to top of Ellie's back ... and more starting to come down (just a bit though)....
          Today, 11:26 AM
        • Reply to Impeachment a major blunder!
          by 99explorer
          If an impeachment resulted in overturning an election, Hillary Clinton would become president.
          Today, 11:24 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X