No announcement yet.

Video of electrofishing Finger Lakes trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skaneateles Lake. Too crowded for my liking, but they get some nice ones. Nox Vidmate VLC
    Last edited by EVAKATY75; 12-05-2020, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
      Some good-sized ones here. Jimbo, is this the stream you mentioned fishing years ago?
      https://expo.newyorkupstate.com/life...ary-video.html
      Yes, it looks like the lot where the green building was the parking lot. Used to sleep over and get up before light and get to the creek. At dawn you could see the place was shoulder to shoulder. Lots of action for the first couple hours. People used to cup their bait when they lowered it in the water - reason was some guys were using real eggs and that was illegal. I was there in early '70's. Had a boat on the Lake to.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 12-04-2020, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
        Some good-sized ones here. Jimbo, is this the stream you mentioned fishing years ago?
        https://expo.newyorkupstate.com/life...ary-video.html
        I think the crowd would be worth the fish. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageBasicHover

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
          Been thinking off taking a charter out for salmon. We fished oak orchard. That’s where I got the salmon at. Was hoping to hook into a Brown but didn’t get any. I was jealous of the people walking around with them on their stringers. We also did fish Burt dam think it’s 8mile creek but wasn’t letting out to much water so it wasn’t the greatest. Can’t leave out the niagara river so many species there. Got to love the sturgeon in there.
          I have been out of Oak Orchard on 'Hells a Poppin" and did o.k.

Did you see the Sturgeon caught off the Ontario Canadian side of Lake Erie. They did not take it out of the water - took a like of 10 men to hold it, estimated to be 1,000 lbs if I remember and some 75 years old.

Comment

lake erie sturgeon record - Bing images

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I have been out of Oak Orchard on 'Hells a Poppin" and did o.k.

Did you see the Sturgeon caught off the Ontario Canadian side of Lake Erie. They did not take it out of the water - took a like of 10 men to hold it, estimated to be 1,000 lbs if I remember and some 75 years old.
              Didn’t see the sturgeon. Looks like it was a great battle for that huge fish. Glad they didn’t hurt it like drop it. Wish they would try to stock them. Doesn’t seem theirs a lot of them in Erie think there’s more of them in Ontario and the niagra.
              Oak orchard was fun what a battle that was. Running behind the fish to get it in. Dodging as many other fishepeople as you can. Hey at least it wasn’t as bad as the mouth of Walnut Creek.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad