Video of electrofishing Finger Lakes trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of electrofishing Finger Lakes trout

Some good-sized ones here. Jimbo, is this the stream you mentioned fishing years ago?
    https://expo.newyorkupstate.com/life...ary-video.html

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
    Some good-sized ones here. Jimbo, is this the stream you mentioned fishing years ago?
    yes it is. if I caught one or two of those it would be a good day. I lived in Victor at the N. end of Canandaigua Lake.

Comment

I thought it was Canandaigua Lake that you'd mentioned. Here in my area the closest rainbow creek is Grout Brook off of Skaneateles Lake. Too crowded for my liking, but they get some nice ones.

Comment

N.Y. always has some nice fish in there creeks. Wish they would grow and spawn like that here. Even there steelhead and browns get bigger for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
          N.Y. always has some nice fish in there creeks. Wish they would grow and spawn like that here. Even there steelhead and browns get bigger for some reason.
          We're lucky, with so many creeks being tributaries to the Finger Lakes, which are all very deep and cold and perfect trout habitat. There are even some landlocked salmon in some of them.

Comment

We're lucky, with so many creeks being tributaries to the Finger Lakes, which are all very deep and cold and perfect trout habitat. There are even some landlocked salmon in some of them.
            There are rumors the Finger lakes are connected underground to the Great Lakes. In Lake Erie we have steelhead until the water warms then they head to the East end where it is deeper and colder - goes down to 125'. West end avg. 40'.
            Last edited by jhjimbo; 03-29-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

There are sturgeon in Cayuga or Seneca, maybe both.

Comment

I know about your salmon I’ve been up there fishing a couple tribs that feed into Ontario for them. They are a blast to catch my biggest was a 3 foot got be a over 15lbs. Wish they had them in my Erie. Has to be that Ontario lake being deeper and Erie being to shallow is what I hear.

Comment

There is a Lake in Central Ohio (Leesville) that has some monster Muskie. The State goes up the back bays and shocks them to measure and weigh. There was one there called 'Broom Tail' because it's top half of tail stuck out of the water. The State had him cornered a couple times and their shocker did not have enough power. He kinda shook a little and swam away. I always thought about tying a baby duck on my hook to see if I could catch him. Catch and release but I did not try as I was not sue I could control him in the boat. Never tried it.

Comment

I know about your salmon I’ve been up there fishing a couple tribs that feed into Ontario for them. They are a blast to catch my biggest was a 3 foot got be a over 15lbs. Wish they had them in my Erie. Has to be that Ontario lake being deeper and Erie being to shallow is what I hear.
                    Some of Ontario's tribs over in the Rochester-Buffalo area, Oak Orchard Creek being one of them, also has one heck of a brown-trout fishery in the fall. Actually the best charters I've ever had on the lake itself weren't so much for salmon but for the big browns. We did a charter in the spring one time with Irish Pride Charters out of Point Breeze and the captain had us fishing the mudline where the river comes in. We got eight or nine big browns, 8-10 pounders, and a couple of smallish but nice cohoes.

I've had some real good salmon charters, too, out of Mexico Bay. One time we had enough people for two boats, went out with two captains who were friends, Seaweed Charters and Flying Dutchman. Rainy day, we kept having to rush into a cove to wait out thunderstorms, but then we'd go right back out. We killed them that day, several kings up around 15-18 pounds, a 23-lb. laker, a few 8-9 pound steelhead.

Comment

Been thinking off taking a charter out for salmon. We fished oak orchard. That’s where I got the salmon at. Was hoping to hook into a Brown but didn’t get any. I was jealous of the people walking around with them on their stringers. We also did fish Burt dam think it’s 8mile creek but wasn’t letting out to much water so it wasn’t the greatest. Can’t leave out the niagara river so many species there. Got to love the sturgeon in there.

Comment

HnW Card enable consumers to avail healthcare services and buy Healthcare products from providers at discounted prices.
                        1. 10-70% Discount on all Pathalogy & Radiology Tests 2. Free Home Collection through NABL certified Labs.(with free cab facility) 3. All Pre Existing Diseases Covered. 4. Coverage to 5 Family members covered with 1 year validity. 5. No Age and Usage Limit
                        HnW provides health cards which helps an individual to get heavy discounts on medical tests all over Delhi NCR. Jump to benefits and save money and effort.Buy a HnW card now and avail the benefits.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hnwcards View Post
                          HnW Card enable consumers to avail healthcare services and buy Healthcare products from providers at discounted prices.
                          1. 10-70% Discount on all Pathalogy & Radiology Tests 2. Free Home Collection through NABL certified Labs.(with free cab facility) 3. All Pre Existing Diseases Covered. 4. Coverage to 5 Family members covered with 1 year validity. 5. No Age and Usage Limit
                          HnW provides health cards which helps an individual to get heavy discounts on medical tests all over Delhi NCR. Jump to benefits and save money and effort.Buy a HnW card now and avail the benefits.
                          This is why someone needs to moderate these forums. Spam is going to win if no one moderates and the best thing is there is no way to report this.

Comment

This is why someone needs to moderate these forums. Spam is going to win if no one moderates and the best thing is there is no way to report this.
                            What amazes me is that these companies ever get any actual business from these things. Who sees it and actually goes for it?!

Comment

Now you got me wondering. I would never buy anything from them. Just think it’s a scam anyways.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
                                by PigHunter
                                Maybe they are trying to create the ultimate soldier...
                                Today, 09:01 AM
                              • Are You Ready For This ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                An American Scientist financed by Spain has gone to China to create an ape-human by combining a human embryo with a primate. I don't know why he had...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by PigHunter
                                Jimbo, here's the 12 leading causes of death in the USA. Carrying that gun may make you feel better but you'll more likely increase your chances for living...
                                Today, 08:52 AM
                              • Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have been carrying more lately, much more aware of the surroundings, especially in large, crowded places. I do go to a few Flea Markets that usually...
                                08-14-2019, 05:41 AM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                Why was he cremated before an autopsy ?? Very disturbing....
                                Today, 08:49 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X