Season opener coming up ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season opener coming up ...

Any trout fishermen getting ready for the spring opener? What's on your list of preparations?

Don’t really care for the opening. I usually get drag along by a couple buddies who want to go. Probably be targeting palominos so I’ve been doing some research on them and got my flies all tied up for them. Also some spoons and some trout magnets. Other than that I’m already to go.

Comment

[QUOTE=Solitario Lupo;n704126]Don’t really care for the opening. I usually get drag along by a couple buddies who want to go. Probably be targeting palominos so I’ve been doing some research on them and got my flies all tied up for them. Also some spoons and some trout magnets. Other than that I’m already to go. [/QUOTE

The openings can be a hassle with the crowds, no doubt. I'm fortunate to have a couple streams either to myself or with no more than one or two other guys around. Also lucky for me, there's one big tributary stream in the area that gets big spawning rainbows -- it's like a magnet for a lot of the area fishermen, leaving the brook-and-brown trout streams somewhat less populated. I'll take solitude and ten-inchers over crowds and ten-pounders.

Comment

At some point I need to spool up some new reels, but having just replaced the lost fishing gear from the Canada adventure I'm pretty much all organized. Man cave bench looked like a tackle shop at one point, I should have taken pics.

Comment

[QUOTE=MattM37;n704133

The openings can be a hassle with the crowds, no doubt. I'm fortunate to have a couple streams either to myself or with no more than one or two other guys around. Also lucky for me, there's one big tributary stream in the area that gets big spawning rainbows -- it's like a magnet for a lot of the area fishermen, leaving the brook-and-brown trout streams somewhat less populated. I'll take solitude and ten-inchers over crowds and ten-pounders. [/QUOTE]

Used to love the hole thing when I was a kid but I just don’t get it now being an adult. All they do is close it for a month to stock, there still places I can still go trout fishing for that month. All it is to me now is some greedy people filling their freezers full of some invasive fish.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
            Any trout fishermen getting ready for the spring opener? What's on your list of preparations?
            Season never closes here so we can go all year long. I should try to get out in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad