Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best lure for trout. I like panther martins but i want to give something else a shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Wylde Edge Outfitters are my favorite spinners, they give great action i like the dressing on the hooks, they are also made in the USA.
    That and any tiny crank bait just because they are fun to run through the local trout pond.

Leave a comment:

• Angler2
    replied
    I love Panther Martin, but I also like roostertails, pink and green color combinations work best for me.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyJim
    replied
    One of my favorite lures for trout is a 1" tube jig. I either let it drift, or twitch it along the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• zackm
    replied
    For steelhead, my no. 1 lure is an about 2 in. storm minnow imitation in shad pattern. It almost always produces strikes for me and last year, I caught a 28 incher with it.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Regular Rebels, both jointed and solid, work well
    on trout, as does Rebel's excellent
    Ghost Minnow!!!

Leave a comment:

• TheFishFinder
    replied
    roster tails that are rainbow colored

Leave a comment:

• jsobrien
    replied
    The berkley trout worms in pink and the yo-zuri crstal minnows 3in. size both work wonders on trout and also bring out the big stuborn ones as well.

Leave a comment:

• Nic Meador
    replied
    lucky lady artificial cheese worm, use a very small hook and two bb size split shots. tear the cheese worm in half and insert the small hook in where you tore the worm. pull the hook out on the flat side of the worm like your fishin a jig. reel slowly an twitch it across the pool any way. trout love em

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Rapala CD-7 Countdown in Gold

Leave a comment:

• catchem
    replied
    The Fish Catcher is a great brass lure. Catches trout when nothing else does.

Leave a comment:

• Deb6
    replied
    Trout magnets and berkley gulp worms on a trout magnet hook are good for stocked trout, also pins minnows work good in stocked streams as well. If you are fishin in a larger stream or river that holds bigger trout, try a lucky craft pointer american shad pattern, or a smithwick rogue in a silver pattern. Big browns wear em out.

Leave a comment:

• Milhouse24
    replied
    i usually use trout magnets or yo zuri pins minnow theyre jus lk the rapalas but they have better movments and invoke strikes more often

Leave a comment:

• lukem
    replied
    i drift and twitch small gulp! minnows. It avoids snags and the trout really nail em.

Leave a comment:

• codymeyer11
    replied
    i like using jigs for trout, i like trout magnets and shad darts work real well also

Leave a comment:

• tourneyking734
    replied
    everybody uses spinners but i really think that copper castmasters are the best lures ever for trout of all species. All you need are a few different sizes for them then hold on tight!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad